U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 01-23-2010, 08:29 AM

123 posts, read 182,447 times
Not sure if I would call the air park a failure yet, from what I understand from my friend Mark Spencer who is the local doing all the leg work . . . is that the original investor died, and now they are dealing with that mess and the greedy little hands want their share . . .

Our church Broken Arrow Baptist Church on hwy 191 sounds like it should be about in your back yard . . . I'm a little confused about your directions Steve . . . but seems like your talking about going North on Steele Rd?
Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-23-2010, 11:42 AM

6,477 posts, read 4,234,562 times
We are coming down the last week of February. Do you do Wednesday Services? Mann Road and Marden Street. From 191 east to Birch to the next road east of the proposed airpark. (Not the one that shows lined with trees on Google Earth, but the next road up going north). Four roads north. Third lot in (130 foot lots). I am interested in the look of the vegetation and type. Good to hear the Airport could still happen. We have a guy here who builds golf courses. Very well funded. Bandon Dunes Mike Keiser. I wonder what he would think of a summer attraction golf course with easy fly in from Tucson or Phoenix. We built a new airport here mostly just for the golfers.

Bandon Dunes Golf Resort - Golf As It Was Meant To Be - Bandon, Oregon

http://www.flyoth.com/

Unread 01-24-2010, 01:38 PM

On the way to church this morning I swung by the area and snapped a few pictures . . not sure if it was in the right area, as there are not many road signs, and a lot of the old roads were "put in" about 30 years ago, and nothing has been done since . . .

Here is a picture from Birch road looking NE from the intersection of Steele rd which is just at the end of the row of trees:

Here we are looking North on Steele at the jct of Kelvin rd:

Looking SE same place:

From Steele rd looking West to the Dragoon Mt's:

Steele rd is the only "real" rd heading north, but I think you may be wanting the "trail" which is just East of the transfer station, which I did not want to drive my Mercedes up, as we have had a bunch of rain recently, and didn't want to get stuck in the mud! (Yes that is SNOW on the Mt's! we only got rain and a few flurries)

If you send my your tax parcel id number, I have a friend who is a Realtor who I use to work for, and I'm sure I could get into her computer and find it, as that is what I use to do for her is find lost properties! Or if you have a tax map of your lot, and a few surrounding sections . . . scan them and send them to me . . .

Most of the area has grass and mesquites (5' - 7" tall) with some small brush 2' - 3' tall . . . most of the above pictures are showing some "improvements" so yours has more brush on it I'd imagine.

Yes we do have Wed night services at 7:00, the only church in the area that does that I know of . . . we also have a golf course . . .(but not at church!) called Shadow Mt

Unread 01-24-2010, 04:57 PM

East from Steel on Kelvin to the next intersection (Undeveloped) and South (That is Mann) two cat roads 3rd lot East (130 foot by 200 foot or so lots). Thanks I'll see you in Church. Sunsites #10.

Unread 01-24-2010, 05:19 PM

OK, I'll go back out in a few days . . . once it dries out a bit . . . are you bringing your rv?

Unread 01-24-2010, 10:24 PM

15 posts, read 25,746 times
Your photos are awsome you have one almost like the one I took when we were down in June stayed at the motel there. We are purchasing land at Sunsites Ranches if you happen to be down that way and see Marker Robert Hirsch snap a shot never made it all the way car broke down. At this moment we are living in between Casa Grande and Coolidge planning on sneaking down sometime soon did you get snow this week.

Unread 01-25-2010, 12:15 AM

I have a camper also. The 5th Wheel is a 400 square foot 3 axle monster so we use the camper for short trips. I want to make Winter Range and get a little shooting in.

Unread 01-25-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlishirsch View Post
Your photos are awsome you have one almost like the one I took when we were down in June stayed at the motel there. We are purchasing land at Sunsites Ranches if you happen to be down that way and see Marker Robert Hirsch snap a shot never made it all the way car broke down. At this moment we are living in between Casa Grande and Coolidge planning on sneaking down sometime soon did you get snow this week.
Where is Sunsites Ranches? (There are so many names they came up with, and then theres numbers too!)

I googled your "Marker Robert Hirsch " but nothing comes up . . . what road(s) is it near?

Steve What do you shoot? 45LC? Do you reload? Cast your own? I just started casting a few months ago . . . been reloading 20+ years . . .357 mag Blackhawk! (Plus I carry a SP101)

P.S. I submitted a reply about 10 min ago, could not ever see it . . , even after refreshing the page a few time . . . so here is a new one!

Unread 01-25-2010, 08:16 AM

15,728 posts, read 25,992,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123.DieselBenz View Post
OK, I'll go back out in a few days . . . once it dries out a bit . . . are you bringing your rv?
If this is a typical AZ response to a question, you folks are fantastic people! So helpful to a stranger. It's really heart-warming.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Unread 01-25-2010, 08:51 AM

15 posts, read 25,746 times
Toward the far end of Rucker Caynon RD Turn on RD 8 to get to our lot almost a mile south of West Austin Henely road.
Nancy Edmiston could tell you exactly where

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123.DieselBenz View Post
Where is Sunsites Ranches? (There are so many names they came up with, and then theres numbers too!)

I googled your "Marker Robert Hirsch " but nothing comes up . . . what road(s) is it near?

Steve What do you shoot? 45LC? Do you reload? Cast your own? I just started casting a few months ago . . . been reloading 20+ years . . .357 mag Blackhawk! (Plus I carry a SP101)

P.S. I submitted a reply about 10 min ago, could not ever see it . . , even after refreshing the page a few time . . . so here is a new one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona