Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 04:37 PM

33 posts, read 59,888 times

Advertisements

The lot my wife are buying taxes were $32.00 apox for both lots each lot is 125 x 297 and they are side by side also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 09:18 PM

168 posts, read 502,485 times
I think mine is like $79 (5acres), and to some that might sound cheap, but the road is so bad it is hard to get there. Plus when I had bare land in Idaho (20acres) before I built my tax here was $6 and was very close to a paved road!
When I first bought my land in AZ taxes were like $34 now over double for no reason. I don't think I should pay anything higher until they do some road work.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 PM

IndianGoldEagle,
So did everyone survive the cold weather? I seen you have been cold again this year. I hope all's well down there.

Or is everything about normal for this time of year?

Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,333,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertZone View Post
... ... I don't think I should pay anything higher until they do some road work.

The road is most likely private, not county.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
The road is most likely private, not county.
Could be, but I do know the county made my nieghbor move the fence of the right of way. From what I was told the county would not grade the road unless homes are built in the area.
Is there a good place for county road maps? Are all of these older subs privite roads?

Thanks.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertZone View Post
Could be, but I do know the county made my nieghbor move the fence of the right of way. From what I was told the county would not grade the road unless homes are built in the area.
Is there a good place for county road maps? Are all of these older subs privite roads?

Thanks.

Mostly yes.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:37 PM

17 posts, read 36,925 times
For those who are buying land/property for the purpose of building a home on.......!! Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, however it is always good to look into flooding issues. If your property that you buy is flat, be sure to raise the dirt under your home.

There is a home that my husband & I often used to walk by, & it is in the flooding zone. It is a beautiful home & had they of put these things into consideration, their dream home would not be sitting their empty as it does. They've had to make alterations, however they can't pick up their home & fix everything. It is always wise to put everything into consideration, B4 you build: because some issues can be avoided.

While some things can't be avoided, like inperfections to a home, important observances need to be observed, B4 it is too late. Keep your ears peeled & be observant in every detail: that you may keep on smiling.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:39 PM

105 posts, read 446,157 times
Cochise county has no building codes, why don't they just move in?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 PM

17 posts, read 36,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
No building codes? When does the county not get their sticky hands into anything? What happened to all the red tape & hoops one ought to jump through, in order to build? Did you personally eliminate these rules?

Not sure why they do not move in, I suppose it is their personal preference.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Not True . Cochise County Arizona Some of the strictist in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona