Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 06:07 PM

1,087 posts, read 3,515,864 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Ama. I'll look for a house that has one built behind it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 11:20 AM
DBA

2 posts, read 11,706 times
Can anyone tell me about the lake in Az City ? Paradise Lake ? It is supposed to be something like 48 acres, is this a private lake ? Or is this lake a park like area open to everyone ? Where is it and how do you get to it ?

I know there are homes on the lake so do they chase off anyone that does not own a home on the lake ? Is there a public area or not ? It is always mentioned in any writting about Az City, but if it is private what is the point of even mentioning it ? I can not find any reference to it being a public park at all.

Anyone been there ? How do you get there ? What is there ?

Old 05-16-2008, 02:28 PM

641 posts, read 2,365,820 times
Default Re

The lake is private. The only access is for homes on the lake, but there is one spot I am told where people do goto fish. I do not fish though, so have not checked it out.

Ama

Old 06-13-2008, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,378 times
Hey tnp,
In case you're still wondering... AZ City 'is' pretty quiet. We live near the elementary school and haven't had any problems.

As far as critters; no scorpions yet, but lots of black widow spiders. We had an exterminator come out this week and it appears to have helped. Ticks? Yes, but I have a neighbor behind me with 2 dogs, so I think they're coming from there.

Be aware there is no home mail delivery here yet. You'd have to get a PO Box and currently there's a waiting list for one in town. We had to get one in Casa Grande.

Otherwise, I like it quite a bit.

Good Luck searching

Old 06-13-2008, 07:44 PM

641 posts, read 2,365,820 times
There is a meeting I believe on the 16th at the school, about getting mail delivery. I will be there. The date at time are listed in the Arizona City paper.

Ama

Old 06-14-2008, 10:40 AM

27,336 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Scoripions, ticks, are everywhere. You can have them in Scottsdale, Cottonwood or Casa GRande just as much as you can get them in Az City. I think snakes are more of an issure in Maricopa since they incorporated it and turned it into a flippin' city...took away the wildlife's habitat.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:31 AM

1,087 posts, read 3,515,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Kat View Post
Hey tnp,
In case you're still wondering... AZ City 'is' pretty quiet. We live near the elementary school and haven't had any problems.

As far as critters; no scorpions yet, but lots of black widow spiders. We had an exterminator come out this week and it appears to have helped. Ticks? Yes, but I have a neighbor behind me with 2 dogs, so I think they're coming from there.

Be aware there is no home mail delivery here yet. You'd have to get a PO Box and currently there's a waiting list for one in town. We had to get one in Casa Grande.

Otherwise, I like it quite a bit.

Good Luck searching
Thanks, Desert_Kat. I didn't even notice no mailboxes on the streets when I was there in 2005. Hopefully by the time I move there, they'll have mail service, or at least a local post office box. If not, I'll just make weekly runs to Casa Grande, since I'll probably be doing my grocery shopping there anyway. If I move there. It's still a toss-up between Arizona City and Kingman/Golden Valley. I guess wherever there's a house rental in my price range when I'm ready to move, is where I'll go. I had hoped to have my house on the market this month, but a couple of winter tornadoes put me way behind as I've had to sink a lot of time and money into storm damage repairs first. I'll be happy if I get it on the market by fall, and hope housing is still low enough in AZ by then to get a decent rental.

Glad to hear another report of "quiet". Not so glad to hear about ticks. I have a dog too. He's on Frontline for ticks, but we have a major tick problem in the the neighborhood where I live now, so it's not doing much good. I hope it's not nearly as bad there. At least the spiders are more controllable than ticks.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 5,626 times
Default My 2 cents

I realize this thread is quite old but felt the need to put my 2 cents worth. Did you ever end up relocating to Az city? I've been here for about 5 years and love it. Housing is dirt cheap right now. I purchased a foreclosure last fall for 85k, 3/2 w/office 1600 sq ft & it's a relative new build. I do still have my other in Az City and I'm waiting for prices to climb a bit to sell it (it's much smaller w/some upgrades & pool/spa). I also have 2 dogs and w/grass yu may have trouble w/ticks. I used advantix & it took care of it. There is a pretty serious illness that one of my dogs contracted, could be fatal but is curable w/treatment called Valley Fever. You may want to research it also toxic toads, another crisis we faced w/my other dog. We do have all the critters mentioned earlier but I've never seen any of them. It is very quiet out here and, so far I've never been touched by crime. We have next to nothing out here so any business you'd have would have to be done in Casa Grande or further.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:00 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v78911 View Post
I realize this thread is quite old but felt the need to put my 2 cents worth. Did you ever end up relocating to Az city? I've been here for about 5 years and love it. Housing is dirt cheap right now. I purchased a foreclosure last fall for 85k, 3/2 w/office 1600 sq ft & it's a relative new build. I do still have my other in Az City and I'm waiting for prices to climb a bit to sell it (it's much smaller w/some upgrades & pool/spa). I also have 2 dogs and w/grass yu may have trouble w/ticks. I used advantix & it took care of it. There is a pretty serious illness that one of my dogs contracted, could be fatal but is curable w/treatment called Valley Fever. You may want to research it also toxic toads, another crisis we faced w/my other dog. We do have all the critters mentioned earlier but I've never seen any of them. It is very quiet out here and, so far I've never been touched by crime. We have next to nothing out here so any business you'd have would have to be done in Casa Grande or further.
Good to hear another opinion on AZ City. We just arrived from Alaska last week for hubby's job, and are staying in Casa Grande now, but looking for a house to either buy or rent in AZ City...I am loving it

Old 08-19-2009, 10:30 AM

2 posts, read 5,626 times
Boy you can't two bigger weather extremes from AK to AZ. Welcome and good luck, if you have any questions that I may be able to help with you can reach me at sandynseattle@aol.com.

Last edited by v78911; 08-19-2009 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: misspelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona