Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 05:03 PM

2 posts, read 2,257 times

Advertisements

Any small rural town has met use. I lived in a small town in Ca. Big method users but I never got into it growing up. Yeah as a kid I was bored but what teen isn't no matter where they live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 07:05 PM

41 posts, read 77,696 times
A teenager in Bisbee would be bored out of his/her mind. Bisbee is primarily populated with aging hippies and tourists, not much for a teenager to do.

Old 06-10-2017, 05:53 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,617,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve97415 View Post
Don't confuse liberalism with bohemianism. However attractive Bisbee may be to the bohemian-minded, I think that many liberal-minded people will find it too small for intellectual nourishment, and too touristy and too insular for their needs. "Family-friendly" isn't a qualifier that comes to mind when thinking about Bisbee. In terms of natural beauty, Cochise County is one of the most magnificent areas in the country, but when it comes to social infrastructure, it has a long ways to go. If it's southern Arizona you want, I would look around the northern outskirts of Tucson...the Catalina foothills...Oro Valley...Marana.
I played a HS football game long ago in Bisbee. It's a really small, rural AZ town isolated from much of the state's Metro Areas of Tucson and Phoenix. I remember at AZ Boys State in Flagstaff I was a HS student and these HS teen guys from the large school districts in Phoenix were joking about forming a band and playing in all the "big cities" of Arizona: Ajo, Bisbee, Wilcox, San Manuel, Globe, etc. (LOL). It was hilarious teen humor at the time because I knew they were being sarcastic.

I don't think a teen would like Bisbee - especially coming from a large city like Bloomington. I went to college in Indiana and know the winters are cold. But Bloomington is a dense area with many social outlets for teens. Rural AZ can be kind of limited. The exception would be if the teen owned an ATV. Bisbee did have a lot of sports activity though. But that was long ago.

Tucson/Marana or Tucson/Oracle would be a better option (in my opinion). Or perhaps Chandler/Gilbert of East Phoenix. Here are some AZ teens in the outskirts of Phoenix in a classic film of 1980 - "Used Cars" (LOL).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWUXyw9rDmw

Old 06-16-2017, 10:03 PM
BMI

7,456 posts, read 7,213,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1967 View Post
A teenager in Bisbee would be bored out of his/her mind. Bisbee is primarily populated with aging hippies and tourists, not much for a teenager to do.
This thread is over 10 years old ....that 14 year old is almost 25 now.
I wonder if they moved to Bisbee

Old 10-27-2017, 07:14 AM

1,047 posts, read 716,669 times
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystiss View Post
Folks I have lived in Bisbee for 11 years. I am a single mom and have a wonderful well adjusted 15 year old son. Bisbee has been very good for him in many aspects. Bisbee as a community has provided him with a sense of family, safety and tolerance. I never worried about where he was or what he was doing when he was out and about down town as a child. As far as the schools go...any public school is not the best choice for your child to spend the majority of their day with. As a parent you have to supplement a childs education unless they are going to a private specialized school. Bisbee can be a great place to live if you make it that way. Just like any where else on the planet. It was the perfect place to raise my son. He works at a local restaurant and is attending Buena Highschool in Sierra Vista for preparation for college. He swims, acts, enjoys his social life, plays video games, plays guitar, is still in Boyscouts and is overall a really wonderful guy. It is not really where you raise your child but how you get them involved and excited about their life.
Wish you were my Mom. Great attitude. Your son is lucky.

Old 10-27-2017, 02:14 PM

2,765 posts, read 5,682,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
This thread is over 10 years old ....that 14 year old is almost 25 now.
I wonder if they moved to Bisbee
Oh Crap! What if they are still waiting for answers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona