Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2008, 11:09 AM

5 posts, read 19,872 times

Advertisements

I Live In Arizona Right Now And Im Planning On Moving Back To The East. I Like Ft. Myers Or Naples. I Hate It In Arizona. I Ve Lived Here For 3yrs And Never Met Anyone Decent. Ive Struggled And Went Back Into Debt Here. Im Originally From Chicago. I Love The Weather Here But Not The People Or The Environment. The West Coast Mentality Is Definitely Flaky. So Would It Make A Difference If I Moved To Florida? Will I Be Much Happier There?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 01:07 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
How old are you? What do you do for work? Do you have a good job lined up and waiting for you there? How did you decide on the Naples/Ft. Myers area to live in? Do you have any family or friends there?

My boyfriend is from Naples and he's very happy to have moved up to MA. Housing costs are high. I don't think that the singles scene is that great down there. It took his older sister a long time to find her husband. His younger sister is still with her high school sweetheart. Eventually, they plan to move to the Atlanta area because of a job offer he got.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:33 PM

930 posts, read 2,422,640 times
I am not sure if you would be happy or not. But you moving would make us all happy

Old 05-10-2008, 01:39 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
yahlee - Where are you from originally?

Old 05-11-2008, 02:26 AM

10 posts, read 29,885 times
I'm 28 originally from Naples, FL left when I was 22 and have been in Costa Rica for the past six years.

All my friends back home says it has gone crazy but just more people and still nothing to do.

I'm actually thinking about leaving Costa Rica and going to AZ.

-Kris

Old 05-11-2008, 08:46 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,016,755 times
If your post is serious, and not just putting us all on, then I doubt you will find happiness anywhere.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:11 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahlee View Post
I Live In Arizona Right Now And Im Planning On Moving Back To The East. I Like Ft. Myers Or Naples. I Hate It In Arizona. I Ve Lived Here For 3yrs And Never Met Anyone Decent. Ive Struggled And Went Back Into Debt Here. Im Originally From Chicago. I Love The Weather Here But Not The People Or The Environment. The West Coast Mentality Is Definitely Flaky. So Would It Make A Difference If I Moved To Florida? Will I Be Much Happier There?
I've seen this posting style before, every single word capitalized. What I'm wondering is if it was the same screen name or a different screen name. I'm thinking it's same person different name. By the way, go read his other two posts out of three posts total. That should tell you all you need to know. And neither of those other two were the one I remember seeing before.

In any case I think it's a good idea to not feed him.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:47 AM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahlee View Post
Sad SAD post, Yahlee.

With the proper attitude and outlook, anyone should be able to find happiness and peace of mind.

Not wanting to sound like some Nutcase Shrink, but . . . maybe you need to do some serious soul searching to determine why you are not happy in Arizona and make a positive effort to fix it. Personally, having lived in both areas, I strongly feel there are fun and authentic positive people in both areas.

Bottom line . . . your unhappiness may be coming from within which will obviously follow you to any new home.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:00 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
The old saying goes "no matter where you go, there you are."
We have met so many wonderful people here, hard to swallow your post.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:55 PM

329 posts, read 1,275,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Sad SAD post, Yahlee.

With the proper attitude and outlook, anyone should be able to find happiness and peace of mind.

Not wanting to sound like some Nutcase Shrink, but . . . maybe you need to do some serious soul searching to determine why you are not happy in Arizona and make a positive effort to fix it. Personally, having lived in both areas, I strongly feel there are fun and authentic positive people in both areas.

Bottom line . . . your unhappiness may be coming from within which will obviously follow you to any new home.
Very well said Bummer!! I have lived in many places around the US (corporate moves) and have found wonderful folks in all of them. I am a Florida native now living in Northern AZ and have found the people of Arizona to be welcoming, warm and friendly. That includes both those born here and new arrivals. Of course I also found the same to be true in the other five states we lived in as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona