Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2008, 05:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,409 times

Advertisements

We recently visited Arizona in April and my family will be locating from Fort Worth, Texas to either the Phoenix metro (particularly Gilbert, Chandler, and Mesa) or Lake Havasu City but we are worried about the jobs there. It's a popular tourist attraction and my mom does accounting and I think that there will be more job opportunities in the Phoenix area even though my family loves Lake Havasu City but is there anything about the city that we should know about? I've heard that the Gilbert/Mesa area has many mormons (compared to what we have where I live) are they nice? Do they treat you the same way that you treat them? Are the middle schools and high schools good there? I've read good reviews about Highland Junior High and Highland High School but I've also read many parents putting their children in charter schools, is it worth it? Is the climate horrible in the summer? Since we're from Texas with higher humidity I'm thinking it might feel the same although it gets up to 110 degrees and up but 110 degrees here feels like 125.
Any advice or suggestions would be nice, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona