U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 05:13 PM

5 posts, read 48,770 times

Advertisements

I am getting to relocate to Gilbert Arizona, can anyone tell me anything about this city. For instance how safe it is, how are the elementary and middle schools, etc...all information is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:50 PM

17,613 posts, read 20,995,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paralegalgirl View Post
I am getting to relocate to Gilbert Arizona, can anyone tell me anything about this city. For instance how safe it is, how are the elementary and middle schools, etc...all information is greatly appreciated.
In the top 25 safest cities in the US if you want to take statistics at face value. It's about as crime-free as you are going to find. All of the schools are among the better performing schools in the state ratings. Neighborhoods are new, shopping is new, roads are new. It's pretty hard to go wrong moving to Gilbert. It is one of the nicest areas in Phoenix metro.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:08 AM

Default Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback! I really do appreciate it.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:27 PM

59 posts, read 213,612 times
Gilbert is probably the safest city/town in the whole PHX area...I'm a police officer not for Gilbert, but I know Gilbert is very, very safe...I live here now...hosue prices though are very high, average home now is at least $400,000 and you get no backyard for that price either...good luck.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Cooley Station North - Gilbert - Information Please

Can anyone tell me about Cooley Station North which is a newer housing development. Is it a nice community? It was built by Trend Homes.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:04 PM

18 posts, read 68,124 times
Default commute

How long of a commute into Phoenix is Gilbert?
Mileage and time?

Old 06-12-2007, 03:41 PM

21 posts, read 81,193 times
Default Area Info

I did hear that Gilbert was a great place. I am wanting to go to Florence to a new Del Webb community and wondered if anyone could tell me anything about that area since it is close to Gilbert. I am coming from Bullhead City, so I am hoping it is a little cooler. Any info can be helpful. Thank you in advance

Old 06-12-2007, 04:29 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 3,771,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnewme View Post
I did hear that Gilbert was a great place. I am wanting to go to Florence to a new Del Webb community and wondered if anyone could tell me anything about that area since it is close to Gilbert. I am coming from Bullhead City, so I am hoping it is a little cooler. Any info can be helpful. Thank you in advance
Not far from the southeast border of Gilbert to Anthem in Florence, but two different worlds. (There to downtown Gilbert is quite a hike) You'll be in Pinal County with higher taxes, poorer services. You'll hear a lot of bad things about Florence, but the area you are talking about shares the name only-Merrill Ranch sounds promising. You need to check it out for yourself. Downtown Florence and Coolidge are just ugly places.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:50 PM

21 posts, read 81,193 times
I haven't heard anything about Florence except for how wonderful this new Del Webb Anthem is. I am trying to research everything prior to a move and knowing taxes are higher is interesting. When you say they are higher, what are you referring to? I am coming from Mohave County and I think our taxes are a little high. Also, poorer services, are you referring to police and fire? I know that looking at this area will help but knowing some information ahead of time I can be ahead of the hungry real estate agents! Thank you so much for this!

Old 06-12-2007, 08:57 PM

3 posts, read 14,172 times
I know that Gilbert is on the fringe of Phoenix. It looks a lot like a big city. It has spurts of new and a lot of old. Kinda cool downtown though. A main street atmosphere. It is growing and schools are a joke everywhere in the usa so do your best. Work. Live your life. Your not exactly moving to paradise but if Gilbert calls you, then there you must go.
Good Luck & God Bless.

Last edited by azmike1; 06-12-2007 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: spelling and ommissions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona