Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2008, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,763 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to move to Arizona from California.. we would like to move somewhere where there is little crime, good public schools, and affordable rent. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 05:21 PM

1,169 posts, read 5,266,664 times
Are you looking at the whole state?

Old 06-27-2008, 05:37 PM

13 posts, read 44,411 times
Queen Creek Is A Great Place To Move. Housing Has Pretty Much Bottomed Out. Crime Is Low, If Any. Its Gorgeous Surroned By Both The San Tan Mountains, And Superstition Mountains. It Has A Small Town Feel, But With Alot Of Big Business Coming In To The Area. It Has Alot Of The Major Convenices Already In Town: Walmart, Walgreens, Frys, Safeway, Petco, Mcdonalds, Burger King...etc. A New Home Depot Store, and Ironwood Banner hosipital Coming Soon. Queen Creek Is Geared Towards Family Living, And/or 55+ Living. There are tons of parks, and city beautification. I think Johnson Ranch, and San Tan Heights are great neigborhoods, but check Out Queen Creek, Az. The only downfall is that there is a commute if you need to get into Phoenix. I Live There And I Love It! You should have no problem getting a mortgage payment, or just renting for $700-$900 / month. Good Luck.

Last edited by steel18720021; 06-27-2008 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: Added to

Old 06-28-2008, 12:14 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,078,076 times
The only place I would move here if I were from out of state would be Gilbert.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:46 PM

53 posts, read 219,173 times
I relocated to Arizona recently from Wisconsin and currently live in Chandler. I did enjoy staying temporarily in Sun Lakes. Sun Lakes though to the airport near where I work was at least 40 minutes away, and is only 25 miles. At times it was an hour one way.

Chandler is very nice, and you are close to everything. I travel each day to work it is 15 miles and takes me anywhere from 20-30 minutes.

Queens Creek is the up and coming area, but it is a hike depending on where you work. There is a two way road leading in and out of Queen Creek heading north/south bound. Many of the homes in Queens Creek are rentals. Yes you can find good deals, but if you work near by I cant see it being a benefit.

Gilbert is very nice, but is also a distance from the airport ( My landmark) The taxes here are inexpensive compared to Wisconsin, but every sub division has HOA fees with multiple ranges. Also it is very hot here.

I have not seen any bugs, snakes, or scorpions and hear they tend to be more in the areas where there is more construction. The construction is disturbing their homes.

I hope this helps, the newspaper here is called the Arizona Republic.

I was told by a real estate person that the homes wont go down anymore, although I read in the wall street journal that they are going down more over the next year.

If you need additional info let me know.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:45 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,016,755 times
Arizona is vastly different from north to south, east to west, and everytown/city is unique. Need an idea if you want desert, mountains, farmland, metropolis or small town? You should visit yourself, and do some looking around before you decide. Everyone on this board has an opinion & advice and knows their own area, but to get a non-biased feel for the state you really should come check it out yourself.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:02 AM

9 posts, read 34,443 times
Default Living in queens creek

Hi,
Me and My wife are going to move to arizona next Year(From Belgium). And our eye's fell on queens creek, it looks nice but is there A lot to do? I work from home so will I be able to have A social network? or is it isolated. and outside of ruch hour how long drive is it to say chandler fashion mall?
MY wife love's the outdoor and horses and I think there is A lot to do in this aria is this so?

Old 07-02-2008, 06:38 PM

2 posts, read 8,772 times
Default Avondale/Litchfield Park/Goodyear

Hi Heather! Avondale, Litchfield Park and Goodyear are expanding yearly which causes the house market value to remain or go up unless you got stuck in the non-fixed loans like most people. I can best describe the area with little crime, family oriented, spacious, little traffic and the houses are extremely affordable with some beautiful homes on a hill overlooking the city lights of Phoenix off of Dysart Rd in Litchfield Park that average about $800,000 - 2.2 million.

That is my best opinion!

I've grown up in Arizona. Hey visit Greer, Arizona Cabin Rental, Vacation Rental Cabin in Arizona, Bed and Breakfast – Greer Lodge Resort - Home for an affordable romantic getaway for you and your husband!

Old 07-03-2008, 12:03 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,078,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreerAZ View Post
Hi Heather! Avondale, Litchfield Park and Goodyear are expanding yearly which causes the house market value to remain or go up unless you got stuck in the non-fixed loans like most people. I can best describe the area with little crime, family oriented, spacious, little traffic and the houses are extremely affordable with some beautiful homes on a hill overlooking the city lights of Phoenix off of Dysart Rd in Litchfield Park that average about $800,000 - 2.2 million.

That is my best opinion!

I've grown up in Arizona. Hey visit Greer, Arizona Cabin Rental, Vacation Rental Cabin in Arizona, Bed and Breakfast – Greer Lodge Resort - Home for an affordable romantic getaway for you and your husband!
Greer, aw, I use to go up there when I was growing up. One of my dogs died and we barried it up there on a hill. What a beautiful place. I will have to check out your cabins.!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona