Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 7,291 times

Advertisements

Moving to area in march looking to rent and looking for employment. Any ideas??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2007, 03:38 PM

26 posts, read 113,503 times
I would recommend the west side of the valley. It is really booming. If you move to the west side of the valley I would recommend Buckeye, Avondale, Goodyear, Glendale. I currently live in Laveen. It's a great location if you need to commute to the west or east side of the valley.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:38 PM

73 posts, read 329,034 times
Default Morenci

Well they only place to work in Morenci is for Phelps Dodege mine...as far as a place to live, if you've never been to Morenci, it is a pretty ugly old rundown minning town and you would be better off living in Safford/Thatcher...I have several friends who drive up to Morenci everyday to work...good luck

Old 02-13-2007, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 7,285 times
Question Shopping

I moved to Duncan, AZ (york valley the town of duncan is 20 miles away from where I am) in October from the Benicia, CA, northern cali.. I tried to take my teenage daughter of 15 shopping for new clothes, and could not find anything. Does everyone do their shopping at Walmart in Safford, or do they have to drive almost 3 hours to buy a blouse and a pair of pants. I am clueless to where anything is Please can someone give me some ideas please.
Thanx

Old 02-18-2007, 12:27 PM

8 posts, read 33,434 times
Duncan??? Are you nuts?? Please tell me, What the heck did you do that for?

Old 06-20-2007, 09:32 PM

6 posts, read 23,519 times
Default Clifton/Morenci

There are tons of jobs in the Clifton/Morenci area! EVERYBODY is looking for help; not just the mine. The real problem is housing. But, Phelps Dodge, the mining company is trying to fix this problem. There is also a new housing development scheduled to be finished sometime this year in Clifton. Well, I should say on the mountaintop overlooking Clifton.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:37 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,905,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBunker View Post
Moving to area in march looking to rent and looking for employment. Any ideas??

Why are you moving to Morenci? My son lived over there for awhile and worked at Phelps Dodge. If you can get in over at Phelps Dodge you can make good money. My son didn't last though, he couldn't stand the job or Morenci.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,905,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azwyo View Post
I would recommend the west side of the valley. It is really booming. If you move to the west side of the valley I would recommend Buckeye, Avondale, Goodyear, Glendale. I currently live in Laveen. It's a great location if you need to commute to the west or east side of the valley.

How long have you lived in that area?

Old 07-03-2007, 11:41 AM

3 posts, read 16,847 times
my daughter lives in duncan with her family she just got a job with PD driving those huge trucks. shes looking for housing and childcare any idea please let me know thank you

Old 07-04-2007, 02:21 AM

82 posts, read 369,411 times
LOL, I am sorry but I have to laugh. I am a native Arizonan and lived in the area for a good part of my life. First Morenci and Clifton are dumps. Nasty and dirty. You won't find housing, there is none. Child care is non existent as well. Besides a bar, a dirt boweling alley and a tiny grocery store selling rotten fruit your not going to find much else up there. You'll find that the mine will boom for a short time, get in trouble with the gov for polluting again and close down in about 5 years, it happened in the early 80's and is bound to happen again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona