U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 01-28-2007, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,760 times
Default Mohawk, Arizona

I am a writer researching Mohawk, Arizona (about 50 miles east of Yuma).
I would welcome contact with anyone who has information about the Mohawk Lodge, service station, post office, stage stop, etc. People, stories, what happened after I-8 bypassed it--anything. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-29-2007, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,759 times
Default Mohawk, Arizona

Its been gone for a long time. There is a small museum in Wellton that probably has info on it, but I do not have the phone number. Call Yuma County Historical Society 928.782.1841 and ask for Carol Brooks. She may have researched it in the past few years.

Unread 01-21-2009, 06:52 PM

2 posts, read 8,328 times
Post Mohawk area, arizona

Hi,
Wellton Pioneer Museum

10402 Fresno St
Wellton, AZ 85356

[RIGHT][/RIGHT]

[LEFT]Open Tuesdays 10 AM to Noon
[/LEFT]

There is no phone for this museum, but Vince Breit is the man who runs it. He knows more about the surrounding area of wellton-mohawk than anyone else. He is also writing a book about the area. He can be found in the Wellton Library, browsing books and doing research.
I hope this helps.

Unread 01-28-2009, 09:38 PM

643 posts, read 764,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C View Post
I would welcome contact with anyone who has information about the Mohawk Lodge, service station, post office, stage stop, etc. People, stories, what happened after I-8 bypassed it--anything. Thanks.
damn theres nothing there i have drivin through many many times

Unread 01-28-2009, 10:54 PM

1,650 posts, read 2,124,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
damn theres nothing there i have drivin through many many times
That's for sure. I almost got lost there in 110 degree heat because I got off the interstate. You just see a bunch fields there and that is pretty much it. I can't believe anyone actually lives there.

Unread 01-29-2009, 01:13 AM

2,256 posts, read 3,175,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
That's for sure. I almost got lost there in 110 degree heat because I got off the interstate. You just see a bunch fields there and that is pretty much it. I can't believe anyone actually lives there.
No kidding

Get a load of this: Google Maps

Unread 01-29-2009, 01:26 AM

2,256 posts, read 3,175,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C View Post
Perhaps this book would help if you can find some info. Every entire road, highway, freeway, etc has little stops, towns & cities and a history behind it. Marshall Trimble's Book, "The Roadside History of Arizona", would be a good start and here's a link to Marshall's website:

A Roadside History of Arizona

He's written alot for "Arizona Highways"
Home

Cheers

Unread 09-18-2012, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 776 times
I have been looking into my Uncle's plane crash which occured on Nov 12 1941 very near (just east) of The Mohawk Lodge. The owner at the time witnessed the crash and wrote my grandparents, with details on Jan 16, 1942. His name is Edward S Waterman. He was in the Post Office as it happened at 6:15 PM. My uncle was Ivan J. May and he was the pilot of The Douglas Boston III British AL-882. Would appreciate any information at rrouse12@live.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona