Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 01:55 AM

150 posts, read 457,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
You're most welcome, Teepolo.

Number ONE on my list of Fun Things To Do In Arizona is the day trip (can be longer if you have the time) GRAND CANYON RAILWAY | THE OFFICIAL SITE from Williams to The Canyon.

Good Luck and enjoy your visit!
i will most assuredly look into this. Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 02:02 AM

150 posts, read 457,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen B View Post
You're very welcome! Us former midwesterners are glad to help out our neighbors (no matter where they live).
Where abouts did you live in the midwest?

Old 08-30-2008, 09:41 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,319,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teepolo View Post
Where abouts did you live in the midwest?
I lived most of my life slightly west of midwest, in Kansas & Nebraska. There were a lot of things to love about Wheat Country, Corn Country, and Cattle Country - (especially all those great hardworking people who'd give you the shirt off their back, even if it was the only one they owned) But there are lots of things I really love about Arizona, and I can't imagine that we'd ever move.

We did live in "the Valley" (outside Phoenix), but it just wasn't for us. So we moved to the Prescott area. We like the small town atmosphere of Prescott, although the population is about 40,000.

I'm not sure if you're looking for the "big city" life, but the towns you're interested in are really just part of, or an extension of, Phoenix. Mesa, in particular is just part of the Phoenix metro area. Maricopa and Casa Grande are a little further out, but I think most residents commute to Phoenix from there for work. Casa Grande still has some cotton farms in the area, though, and there is some open land between it and Phoenix.

Arizona is a very diverse state, and until you visit all these towns will just be "dots on a map". And it's not until a person visits that you realize the difference in climate and temperature throughout the state - from blistering hot to blizzards, depending on the location and the time of year.

Hope you have a great time exploring the state!

Old 04-13-2015, 01:16 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teepolo View Post
I would like to compliment all the folks on this forum. I have not been a member that long. All of the help and information i have received so far is greatly apprecited. A BIG thank you to all you City-Data forumners from the midwest.

THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!
Although this is an ancient post, I find it funny that a post I just responded to was about people saying thank you and how it's gotten to be so extinct. Then the next link I see is from someone thanking complete strangers... very cool.

What gets my goat to no end is when I say 'Thank You' for the person I say it to responding with, 'No Problem'... oh that just drives me crazy... albeit a short drive.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:31 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Although this is an ancient post, I find it funny that a post I just responded to was about people saying thank you and how it's gotten to be so extinct. Then the next link I see is from someone thanking complete strangers... very cool.

What gets my goat to no end is when I say 'Thank You' for the person I say it to responding with, 'No Problem'... oh that just drives me crazy... albeit a short drive.
I wouldn't be overly concerned about the "no problem" responses. It's today's way of saying "you're welcome". It's doubtful that anyone is being secretly snarky about that.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:32 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
I wouldn't be overly concerned about the "no problem" responses. It's today's way of saying "you're welcome". It's doubtful that anyone is being secretly snarky about that.
I'm not overly concerned, it's just my own pet peeve...

'Please' - is followed by 'Thank you' - which is followed by 'You're Welcome'.

Had I, as a child, when my parents were teaching me manners, said 'No Problem' - my mouth would have been slapped and I would have been told to reply with 'You're Welcome'...

Manners are no longer common place, and are, in their own way, becoming extinct.
I will hold the door open for someone, I will stand up when seated at a table that a woman approaches, I will stand up when a woman gets up to leave the table... the list is long... chivalry is NOT dead - nor should manners be!

Old 04-14-2015, 11:26 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,820,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
I'm not overly concerned, it's just my own pet peeve...

'Please' - is followed by 'Thank you' - which is followed by 'You're Welcome'.
Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:54 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,035 times
I also want to thank you, I have gotten some good information on this forum.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:49 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,090,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieboo66 View Post
I also want to thank you, I have gotten some good information on this forum.
You certainly must have if you found this ten year old gem . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona