Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 03:48 PM

208 posts, read 819,708 times

Advertisements

I just heard some interesting news about taxes in Georgia, and it made me think about the taxes in Arizona, since I'm moving there. In GA, you have to have some separate school tax, and a road tax if you own a car...this got me thinking.

I just want to know what kind of taxes I will expect to pay in AZ...I'm aware of the tax you pay on your car, and from what I've heard it's a certain percentage of what the car is worth.

I'm looking for other taxes, such as; state income tax, any road taxes, school taxes, etc.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I'm going to check online, but I want to hear from people who live and pay taxes in AZ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 07:10 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,874 times
I'm curious too. I read that state payroll tax was between 10-19% but I don't know how accurate that is. Also is there city tax for payroll too?

Old 10-02-2008, 08:04 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,874 times
Computer guy~ Here are a few things I have found out, I copied them from other posts in the archives so I can't verify them.

Here is the link for the Arizona Income Tax Rate Chart:

http://www.azdor.gov/Forms/2007/140N...20X%20%20Y.pdf

Now, for withholding from your paycheck you would use a form A-4 form on which you would choose a withholding percentage which would be a percentage of your federal dollars withheld from your pay and here is the link to that:

http://www.azdor.gov/ADOR_Forms/90-99/91-0041.pdf

Also, Arizona the typical property tax rate is about 1% per $100K assessed value.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:15 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Sorry, Guys . . . TAXES are everywhere!

Having lived in a few states over the years including Georgia and Arizona, I am convinced . . . IF THEY DON'T GET YOU ONE WAY THEY'LL GET YOU ANOTHER.

Some states have no State Income Tax but have a whopping high Sales Tax. Some states have very low Vehicle Registration Fees but then have a Personal Property Tax.

Bottom line . . . except for a few exception, taxes paid will probably average out in the long haul.

Good Luck

Old 10-02-2008, 12:50 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Sorry, Guys . . . TAXES are everywhere!

Having lived in a few states over the years including Georgia and Arizona, I am convinced . . . IF THEY DON'T GET YOU ONE WAY THEY'LL GET YOU ANOTHER.

Some states have no State Income Tax but have a whopping high Sales Tax. Some states have very low Vehicle Registration Fees but then have a Personal Property Tax.

Bottom line . . . except for a few exception, taxes paid will probably average out in the long haul.

Good Luck
Agree completely, but knowing how they tax can be a help in deciding where to live. If you don't make a lot and spend what you do make, then Oregon is attractive as there is no sales tax. If you rent, too, then Oregon is even better as the property taxes are higher there The income tax rate is steep as well. Not a good place for a high income, big house person. Texas is great for people who have a high income but are house poor because of no income tax but high property. I've always thought AZ favors the rich. We tax a lot on sales, but have very low property taxes and relatively low income tax - pretty much opposite of Oregon. Percentage-wise, we stick it to people who spend most of their income. The big expense to the "rich" here is the car tax, which is obscene on something like a Mercedes or a big Beemer. The taxes on a high end motor home are more than many of us make in a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona