Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 08:30 PM

13 posts, read 31,053 times

Advertisements

My hubby just said he heard the same thing that there really is no bad areas. That will be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 09:02 PM

572 posts, read 2,486,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
There are hundreds of houses for rent. The Golf Course area, that is South/Central is a good area. It is close to downtown and not far from Rotary Park. Also, there is a organization that is for mothers with children, I believe they meet at the library.

You will enjoy living in Lake Havasu.
Good advice from Smilinpretty and tell your hubby its ok to be picky and there is no hurry.
If you find a nice clean house in a nice area with no pool I would take it. There is extra costs in having a pool.There is the lake to swim in. The weekends will be busy but weekdays will be very nice. Feel free to PM me with an address or just street name and I might be able to tell you about the neighborhood.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:33 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu View Post
If you find a nice clean house in a nice area with no pool I would take it. There is extra costs in having a pool.There is the lake to swim in.
Well, if one really wanted to save money, they wouldn't have kids. However, with kids, I consider a pool to be mandatory in AZ. Pool time is the best time of the day for us. You aren't going to want to schlep down to the river every time somebody wants to cool off, which is every evening for us.

Besides, there are brain eating bacteria in the river. Story: Nation & World | Brain-eating amoeba lurks in lakes; 6 dead | Seattle Times Newspaper

With all the detritus from boats being dumped in that lake, you'd never catch me in it.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:07 AM

5 posts, read 13,910 times
Default Finding Connection in Mohave County

I have reviewed this and other date for communities in Mohave County, and I would love to have a chance to relocate here. Currently my family (wife and four kids) live in Illinois. We want to get out of the weather and move to an area with strong schools.

I would not think of starting the move until I locate a job, and that is proving to be very hard. Especially trying to break into the market from out of state.

I found a posting for a position with Southwest Behavioral Health Services, but not having any luck in getting contacted.

Does anyone know someone associated with the organization that could help get my resume noticed??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona