Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 04:14 PM

93 posts, read 269,686 times

Advertisements

A relative bequeathed me an acre plot in Arizona Park Estates Unit Two (between Sanders and St John's) and I was wondering whether to hold it as an investment, use it as a base during the summer holidays or build a house (I currently live in New Jersey and I've just retired at the age of 45).

The problem is that I'm worried that there isn't is there anything to do in the area. I like skiing and hiking, but I also like libraries, parks, restaurants, shopping & cinemas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,553 times
Have you decided what to do with the property? I am in the same situation

Old 03-22-2010, 03:13 PM

370 posts, read 1,564,108 times
May depend on what restrictions (if any) the lot has. Some lots require you to build in a certain time. Some prevent temporary usage over so many days (weeks). I can tell you the real estate market is in the dumps throughout Arizona but, this could be a nice property. You would certainly be a good distance from any perceived culture (which is true for most of Arizona anyway). My father in law left my husband an acre in Virginia where they used to vacation - the area was beautiful, isolated and thousands of miles away. We talked it over and decided to sell it. Your situation reminded me of our situation. Your problem might be in finding a buyer (assuming the mortgage is paid off) - that wasn't a problem for us since we sold it back to the person my FIL bought in from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: