Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:46 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,218,456 times

Advertisements

this law only applies to to AZ residents - that's it

AZ has 43 license plates and if you are not competant enough to know which ones are in AZ and which ones are not then you aren't competant enough to enforce the laws of this state

they're not that complicated

Motor Vehicle Division

the only ones I wouldn't be able to tell right off in a frame would be alternate fuel, character education, congressional medal of honor, farm vehicle and pearl harbor survivor

the rest look a lot like the everyday AZ plate, just with an extra insigna, are college plates or native american plates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 11:23 PM

263 posts, read 1,078,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
this law only applies to to AZ residents - that's it

AZ has 43 license plates and if you are not competant enough to know which ones are in AZ and which ones are not then you aren't competant enough to enforce the laws of this state

they're not that complicated

Motor Vehicle Division

the only ones I wouldn't be able to tell right off in a frame would be alternate fuel, character education, congressional medal of honor, farm vehicle and pearl harbor survivor

the rest look a lot like the everyday AZ plate, just with an extra insigna, are college plates or native american plates
I just completed my first ever driver course for speeding. In the course the instructor said that if you can ask the office questions and they do not know the answers, then you can prove that the office is incomptentent to enforce laws and the judge will likely throughout the case. This was for minor infractions anyways...not some magic rule, just his opinion. So if I get busted, maybe I can, Sir, can you or can you not state all 43 license plates? Sir, just answer the question! Sir, do not mubmle! Can you or can you not answer the question? Then he'll jump and scream: You scruffed with the wrong officer!?! And the judge will lock him up and throw out the case. I seen it in a movie, so I'm ssure it will work.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:43 PM

824 posts, read 2,335,749 times
Quote:
"Sir, can you or can you not state all 43 license plates? Sir, just answer the question! Sir, do not mubmle!"
Sir, is that a Glock? Sir, should you be releasing the safety? Sir?

Old 12-17-2008, 11:18 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,354,667 times
If a cop can't make out your plate number, then that's already probable cause to pull you over. There is no need for another law granting them PC for a stop because ANY part of the word "ARIZONA" is obscured. That's outrageous. When will people stop rolling over and making excuses for politicians wanting to abolish the Fourth Amendment?

Old 12-18-2008, 12:25 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
If a cop can't make out your plate number, then that's already probable cause to pull you over. There is no need for another law granting them PC for a stop because ANY part of the word "ARIZONA" is obscured. That's outrageous. When will people stop rolling over and making excuses for politicians wanting to abolish the Fourth Amendment?
I wish that was the only one they were trying to take away. if they had their way we would have no rights .

Old 12-18-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
I wish that was the only one they were trying to take away. if they had their way we would have no rights .
I'd prefer they just come out and say what they really want to do. Either repeal the Fourth Amendment (you know plenty would vote for it) or enforce it as the law of the land. This pretending this pretending the Bill of Rights still means something is just adding insult to injury.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:17 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post

Yeah. Clearly, if the top half of the word "Arizona" is covered up and it is an Arizona license... you would think it would be pretty simple to figure out where the car license plates are from. I do think it is a dumb law.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:20 PM

34 posts, read 120,176 times
If they really want to see it, all the have to do is move Arizona down on the plate

Old 12-19-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky7680 View Post
If they really want to see it, all the have to do is move Arizona down on the plate
That's not what they want at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved ARIZONA up on the plate, just to make everyone a suspect they have probable cause to pull over. That's all this is about - giving the cops more reasons to pull people over. Yoh papahs pleeze!

Old 12-19-2008, 11:08 PM

263 posts, read 1,078,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
Sir, is that a Glock? Sir, should you be releasing the safety? Sir?

You wouldn't be suggesting that an officer of the law that has sworn to protect the citizenry would forgo the justice system which he is apart and take matters into his/her hands, would ya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona