Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:02 PM

27 posts, read 62,275 times

Advertisements

Moving from Arkansas to Kingman how can I find out if my sixth grader will be behind in school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 05:29 PM

682 posts, read 2,566,543 times
Your child sgould have been taking achievement tests in school. The Arkansas schools should be sending those results and other info to the new school for you. Those should be good indicators to you and the new school if the child is on the same level as the other 6th graders in Kingman.

altus2006

Old 12-14-2008, 12:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druss View Post
Moving from Arkansas to Kingman how can I find out if my sixth grader will be behind in school?
Why in the heck are you leaving AR and moving to Kingman and where do you live in AR? I can pretty much assure you, your 6th grader,unless he/she have learning problems will not have any catching up to do. Kingman is not exactly the intellectual capitol of the world.

Nita

Old 12-14-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why in the heck are you leaving AR and moving to Kingman and where do you live in AR? I can pretty much assure you, your 6th grader,unless he/she have learning problems will not have any catching up to do. Kingman is not exactly the intellectual capitol of the world.

Nita
The company I work for has shutdown operations in Van Buren and they are opening a new plant in Yucca. I've been offered a job that will pay more than I stand to make here, it seems like we are losing businesses here in the Ft. Smith / Van Buren area every week.
We like it here we just don't know how long we will be able to survive with everything going under the way it is.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druss View Post
The company I work for has shutdown operations in Van Buren and they are opening a new plant in Yucca. I've been offered a job that will pay more than I stand to make here, it seems like we are losing businesses here in the Ft. Smith / Van Buren area every week.
We like it here we just don't know how long we will be able to survive with everything going under the way it is.
Good luck, we have visited Kingman, know a few people who live there and of course have driven through there many times. As a child, living in So Calif I remember it as a little desert town. It is still small, but certainly not just a little desert town. The entire area is different from AR, this isn't all bad, so good luck. You might as well give it a shot.. If it doesn't work out, you can wait for the economy to turn around and maybe come back to AR or somewhere else. Your child will be just fine, as I said, in Kingman schools.

Nita

Old 12-15-2008, 10:34 AM

4 posts, read 13,946 times
Hi Druss, my name is Brian. I live in Conway, AR. Recently I was offered a position at Arizona State Prison in Kingman. I joined this forum primarily to garner information on relocating to the Kingman area. I saw your post and thought it a small world.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinalski View Post
Hi Druss, my name is Brian. I live in Conway, AR. Recently I was offered a position at Arizona State Prison in Kingman. I joined this forum primarily to garner information on relocating to the Kingman area. I saw your post and thought it a small world.
Hi I have a brother that lives in Mayflower he works for Molex.
We probably wont make a decision until after the first of the year so we still have time to learn more about Kingman and the surrounding area. I've never lived in a subdivision before I've always like to have a little space so that will take some adjusting.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:53 PM

4 posts, read 13,946 times
Wow small world indeed. I know Mayflower, Molex..... and quite possibly your brother as well!!! Ha-ha! Good luck on your relocation. Is there a time frame for your move?

Old 12-16-2008, 04:35 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,655 times
Hi Guys... My wife and I had lived in Conway for 3 years.
We went there because my sister and family live there.
My brother-in-law works for Verco.
Kingman is pretty nice. Small town feel. Haulapai Foothills area
is in the South-East area of Kingman, you'll find homes there that
sit on an acre or more. A little farther out you'll find the Lazy YU area
and the Pinion Pines area. Filled with pinion pines and other vegetation.
And most homes out there are 2 to 10 acres... but roads are hilly/twisty
and many are unpaved. Short drive to the river, Laughlin, or Vegas.

Kingman's City website: City of Kingman (Official Government Site)

Kingman local newspaper: Mohave Daily News: Front

another local paper: Denied:1up! Software ()

check out the Haulapai park outside of Kingman:
Haulapai Mountain Park

Kingman homes for sale, starting with the highest to lowest.
Kingman, AZ, Real Estate Listings and Kingman, AZ Single Family Home for Sale - REALTOR.com®

Hope it helps!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:07 AM

Thanks a lot we will most likely rent for a year before we buy. We've been doing a lot of research on the area, the most important thing to me is finding a safe neighborhood for my eleven year old girl and that will be the deciding factor. We've been looking at the schools, Kingman Academy Of Learning is grades 6-8 she would have a couple years with the same kids before high school but we will go and visit with all the schools before we decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona