Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2006, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,757 times

Advertisements

I currently live in crime-infested 51st ave and Thomas. I have about 225k to spend, and am looking for a home in Peoria. I can find a few, and I'm interested in them, but I notice that Avondale and Goodyear seem to have larger homes for that price. So, naturally I'm attracted to them. I'm talking about North of I-10, but really I'm willing to consider anything in a nice neighborhood.

I've noticed that the schools are not too well funded compared to Peoria, but how is the crime? It has a rather large index, but I'm wondering if that's because of the pockets of older areas. The newer homes have no graffiti, and there doesn't seem to be "unwanted" folk over there. Is this an okay place to live with children?

If I don't move there, I'll probably head to Olive and 107th, or somewhere around there. But I want an opinion on this area, since the prices are a bit lower there.

Thanks,
Cartmancakes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2006, 06:54 PM

7 posts, read 130,980 times
It can be sketchy depending on the neighborhoods. We bought in a new area going in near Verrado in Buckeye. It is called Tartesso. Here is a link to the community website and builder info. http://www.tartesso.com The builders are Pulte, Canterra, Trend, Elliot and Hacienda It is 5 minutes from I-10 in an area that is growing like CRAZY!! Del Webb is building an Anthem community across from this development in a year. There are several other developers building master planned communities in this area as well. (Trillium, Douglas Ranch, Sun City Festival Ranch) The perk is that there isn't an older area with crime anywhere around this development. The school will be open next August. In the mean time, the kids are zoned for Ruth Fisher in the Saddle Mountain school district.

You have to see this place. We were very impressed. The home prices were very low. You can find homes that start in the $190s. There is 4084SF home for $340K!! The builders are offering great incentives like pools and stuff. It is worth looking into. Good luck with your search!!

Old 07-31-2006, 07:32 PM

226 posts, read 999,639 times
Thumbs down Price of homes

Good luck finding somewhere nice to live. We live in Phoenix, it's a very nice area. We paid $142,000 for our house 8 years ago. We just had it appraised, it's now worth $385,000. It's nothing fancy. Four bedrooms, 2 baths, 1890 sq. feet. It's in the Paradise Valley school district, which makes it a few $$ more then if you bought this house on the west side of Phoenix.

I'v lived in Phoenix for 20 years. When we first moved here from Omaha, Nebraska we loved it. I HATE IT now. We have two serial killers on the loose, 3.5 million people, and everyone speeks spanish. My husband will retire in three years and we plan on moving far, far, away...

Old 07-31-2006, 07:37 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Eaton
Good luck finding somewhere nice to live. We live in Phoenix, it's a very nice area. We paid $142,000 for our house 8 years ago. We just had it appraised, it's now worth $385,000. It's nothing fancy. Four bedrooms, 2 baths, 1890 sq. feet. It's in the Paradise Valley school district, which makes it a few $$ more then if you bought this house on the west side of Phoenix.

I'v lived in Phoenix for 20 years. When we first moved here from Omaha, Nebraska we loved it. I HATE IT now. We have two serial killers on the loose, 3.5 million people, and everyone speeks spanish. My husband will retire in three years and we plan on moving far, far, away...

Same here Pam came 18 years ago I thought I was in Paradise and now I can't wait to get out. Moving to NC as soon as I can sell my house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona