Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2007, 09:41 PM

5 posts, read 49,480 times

Advertisements

I'm really trying to leave nyc due to the switch up of weather. What states would any of ya'll suggest for a person with asthma?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 09:47 PM

47 posts, read 229,792 times
I posted on your other thread. my mother's healing is nothing short of miraculous after moving to Sedona/Cottonwood area, in northern AZ

Old 03-08-2007, 09:57 PM

5 posts, read 49,480 times
A lot of people are saying that AZ isn't good due to the polution. Also saying the income out there isn't good. I know I'm not gonna make near as much money as I make in NYC any place else. But, I'm more focused on my health at this point.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:04 PM

there is zero pollution where i live. none. zero. probably cleaner air than anything except maybe alaska. the breeze comes down oak creek canyon from the mountains in flagstaff, and its like you stepped in front of an air conditioner with a hepa filter.

phoenix is very polluted yes. but AZ is a big state. there lots of other towns and cities nothing like phoenix at all.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:51 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,404,564 times
The problem is finding a job in northern AZ.

If you can find one, you're golden. If not....

Old 03-08-2007, 11:23 PM

depends on what you want to do. in my area in sedona, everyone i meet is very entrepreneurial. they own shops, businesses, etc. as far as jobs, its pretty easy to find something here to get started. there are lots of service jobs. no one here wants to work. think about it. less than 20,000 people, and 4 million tourists. lots of retired folks. they don't work. lots of wealthy folks. they don't work. and hippies. they don't work. that probably leaves about 500 people actually willing to do something. to give you an example. my insurance man... I'm meeting with him, he says, my gal hasn't come in yet. (its 3 pm). actually I haven't seen her for 3 days. guess I should fire her...
and so it goes.
besides service jobs, you can make a lot of money here if that is what you want/need. my sister works in a place where some folks are making 25k a month in the timeshare industry. sales and/or management. right here in sedona. sedona has probably the highest per capita real estate population in the world. last i heard 980 agents. in a town with about 17,000 people. almost 1 in 17 are licensed. contractors of any kind make a ton here. had to wait 3 months to get a plumber and he charges 65 an hour. too busy to help me out. as for me, I make my income on the internet. I could probably live in antarctica. but sedona is my choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona