Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:08 PM

5 posts, read 7,770 times

Advertisements

HELP !?! -Need some information from locals who R in the "know"
My ultimate goal is to live where it is warmer! I love the beach, and I love the mountains as well.
I am trying to figure out where I could move to that:
1. I can afford !! ..... (survive @ 1st, eventually buy a home)
2. Rent for about $750 (what is the reality of this ?) in a clean, and decent neighborhood !
3. My new massage studio rent would be affordable, and in a good location !!
4. While a build a new clientelle, it would be easy to find a job to pay the bills!........(Without having to work 3 jobs simultaneously!)
5. Male elementary school teachers are paid well !
6. Would prefer my commute to be 15-20 Minutes or Less.
7. The temperature is unlikely to ever really feel cold. I can handle a few days here and there, but I am DONE with living in any Winter season! At the same time, I would like it to be moderate as well: not too many months of 90+ everyday, and I prefer it to stay under 100 =).
8. I am looking @ Southern California below Los Angeles: I do not want to live in L.A., or directly on the coast (could not afford it anyway). I am thinking of somewhere in the middle of Southern California & not too close to the Mexican coast AT ALL or the East Coast of Southern Calif. either !!
9. I am also looking at parts of Arizona, or New Mexico, but I prefer to be closer to the beach for early morning jogs, so California is definately more enticing !!!!
10.A nice school district will be necessary in the future when I have kids.

[+] Rate this post positively
[RIGHT][/RIGHT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 09:40 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,202,972 times
I can't really see this in AZ, I would say that even in most parts of N AZ you might be a little hot, unless of course you pick a place with a fairly cold winter like Flagstaff.

I don't think pay is very good here, especially outside the valley (which has multiple months of 100's never mind 90's).

There are copious numbers of massage therapists in the Verde Valley and many end up working for resorts making $20 per massage which is way to low.

You should post this on other locations, like CA, however in CA you will most likely to pay more than $750 for rent unless you live in a closet.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:58 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,372,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
I can't really see this in AZ, I would say that even in most parts of N AZ you might be a little hot, unless of course you pick a place with a fairly cold winter like Flagstaff.

I don't think pay is very good here, especially outside the valley (which has multiple months of 100's never mind 90's).

There are copious numbers of massage therapists in the Verde Valley and many end up working for resorts making $20 per massage which is way to low.

You should post this on other locations, like CA, however in CA you will most likely to pay more than $750 for rent unless you live in a closet.
Agreed. In areas in AZ where the temps don't get above 100, you'll find most have colder winters. And the desert temps can change in an instant. If you can handle our 110 and above summers, the Greater Phoenix area might hold some promise.

But all the way through your thread i kept thinking - Rapid city. That's what you described... till you got to the part about cold weather.

Austin, Texas? Albuquerque? Have you looked at those?

Old 01-30-2009, 09:48 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,054,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benita Turner View Post
The temperature is unlikely to ever really feel cold. I can handle a few days here and there, but I am DONE with living in any Winter season! At the same time, I would like it to be moderate as well: not too many months of 90+ everyday, and I prefer it to stay under 100 =)....

The only places I know in Arizona that mostly stay below 100 in the summer are places that can get pretty chilly in the winter, like for example Flagstaff or Prescott. In Phoenix it often stays in the 80s or 90s lows during summer nights, and you don't even wanna ask what the daytime temps are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benita Turner View Post
I am thinking of somewhere in the middle of Southern California & not too close to the Mexican coast AT ALL or the East Coast of Southern Calif. either !!
The East coast of Southern California? I've lived in CA my entire life and frequently travel to the adjacent states, and I'm surprised that I've never encountered this eastern coast of So. Cal.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:51 AM

687 posts, read 2,945,814 times
Nothing in Arizona. sorry. But you gotta realize, a summer or two here in Phoenix and 70' will have you pulling out the winter clothes.
All the "moderate" summer temp places here will have more than a "few" days of cold temps.
Gotta give a little.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:00 PM

24,373 posts, read 25,884,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

The only places I know in Arizona that mostly stay below 100 in the summer are places that can get pretty chilly in the winter, like for example Flagstaff or Prescott. In Phoenix it often stays in the 80s or 90s lows during summer nights, and you don't even wanna ask what the daytime temps are.

The East coast of Southern California? I've lived in CA my entire life and frequently travel to the adjacent states, and I'm surprised that I've never encountered this eastern coast of So. Cal.
The East Coast of CA is on the CA side of the Colorado River.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:26 PM
wng

72 posts, read 245,112 times
I think you're out of luck. Your criteria won't be met in AZ.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:29 PM

214 posts, read 1,308,811 times
Have you ever BEEN TO AZ??

Take a trip, get out some. Your expectations here are way off base. Unless you're satisfied meeting perhaps 50% of your goals you need to keep looking.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:35 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,054,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
The East Coast of CA is on the CA side of the Colorado River.
All the places I know on the Colorado River (at least south of Las Vegas) are as hot as hell in the summer, maybe hotter.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:23 AM

24,373 posts, read 25,884,527 times
Lovehound, you are correct, it does get hot, but some folks like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: