Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 04:12 PM
RDC RDC started this thread

1 posts, read 3,533 times

Advertisements

My family and I will be moving to Gilbert at the end of the month from California. My question is, should I put the money I made on my house in CA in the bank and rent in the AZ.

Lots of home inventory in the AZ and what's everyone guess, will prices continue to go down the next couple of years? Also, is there any other planned communities similar to Seville, Gilbert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 04:18 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,119,482 times
I think it would be ok to rent for a while until you find that perfect house. I really don't think anyone knows what will happen to our market. Many places it went down, many went back up to where they were a year ago. Also, depends on how long you will be here? If it's only a year, then rent. If forever, then wait for a while and see what happens.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:28 PM

47 posts, read 229,364 times
watch interest rates.

they are heading back lower right now. if they stay this low, or go lower, you will likely see some of this excess inventory begin to be bought.

it may be an interesting point in time right now to buy, as sellers are still feeling vulnerable, and you can still come in well under the asking on an offer.

that may change this spring. given where rates are heading, that's my guess.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:56 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,521,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDC View Post
My family and I will be moving to Gilbert at the end of the month from California. My question is, should I put the money I made on my house in CA in the bank and rent in the AZ.

Lots of home inventory in the AZ and what's everyone guess, will prices continue to go down the next couple of years? Also, is there any other planned communities similar to Seville, Gilbert.
Renting is cheaper here than buying a house here. Rent a house or just get an apartment.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:38 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,911,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDC View Post

Rent for awhile.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:03 PM

27,242 posts, read 27,304,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
Renting is cheaper here than buying a house here. Rent a house or just get an apartment.

Renting. Thats my choice. At least, until you can find the house you want to commit to, at the price youre comfy with and in an area where you want to live. Dont be in a hurry.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:08 AM

112 posts, read 423,933 times
Rent. It is a buyer's market and contrary to what you may have heard, the housing market is soft. Interest rates are said to be going up, not down but even so, rent for a while to get a feel for things. Prices have not dropped as much as they will. Don't believe what real estate people will tell you, they just want to sell homes and they miss the boom days of the last two years.
Don't offer the asking price, find out how long the house has been on the market. Look up the address on the county GIS website, you will find out the current owner and what they paid for the home and when they bought it.
Don't just take the realtor's word for it.

Good luck!

Old 06-12-2007, 07:55 AM

27,242 posts, read 27,304,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carecare7 View Post
Rent. It is a buyer's market and contrary to what you may have heard, the housing market is soft. Interest rates are said to be going up, not down but even so, rent for a while to get a feel for things. Prices have not dropped as much as they will. Don't believe what real estate people will tell you, they just want to sell homes and they miss the boom days of the last two years.
Don't offer the asking price, find out how long the house has been on the market. Look up the address on the county GIS website, you will find out the current owner and what they paid for the home and when they bought it.
Don't just take the realtor's word for it.

Good luck!

Well said, Carecare.
And beware of what exactly they mean when they say 'remodled'. A lot of times, that 'remodel' job is only cosmetic, maybe painting over the ceiling to cover water marks from leaky pipes or roof leaks, as an example.

Last edited by country pride; 06-12-2007 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: spellcheck

Old 06-29-2007, 12:32 AM

31 posts, read 136,262 times
It is a buyers market right now I WOULD BUY

Old 06-29-2007, 12:08 PM

341 posts, read 1,669,485 times
In Gilbert I would Buy - great homes, great community, really good buys and schools there -
planned communities? Gilbert in most of the neighborhoods have all the amenities, shopping, activites, etc at hand.
Val Vista Lakes is a wonderful area - older, established, incredible clubhouse with beach, pool
each neighborhood has private community pools, school within area, DAna RAnch for shopping that has everyone from Starbucks, to Barnes & Noble to AJ FOod MArket, Chicos, goes on and on and close to the HWY 60 in less than 5 min.
ALl mature landscaping, minimal HOA fees
Buy in Gilbert is my suggestion - fastest growing city in the states and well planned community with low costs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona