Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2007, 10:56 AM

8 posts, read 17,996 times

Advertisements

[CENTER]Thanks to those who have responded to my original post. I am happy to report that after attending the Education Conference last week in Phoenix, I accepted a job within the Madison School District. (The school and district were/are very warm and receptive. I look forward to working with them.)
Now, I need to find a place to live (rent)...I am thinking Scottsdale, Cave Creek or even Paradise Valley (I don't mind the driving or traffic, as I live in a very conjested area of St. Petersburg and drive to Tampa.). I would be interested in getting feedback on these places. The district is located on the other side of Sunny Slope (if that will help)... Around 7th and East Rose Lane.
I will also need any feedback you can share with regard to good and bad experiences with moving companies that handle moves cross country.
Thank you again for your time in responding. All your input is read and truly helpful!
LostinFL
[/CENTER]

Last edited by LostinFL; 03-13-2007 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: Title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2007, 12:46 PM

2,783 posts, read 7,442,758 times
The Madison School District lies in North Central Phoenix, which is the neighborhood immediately south of Sunnyslope. It also extends into the Biltmore Area. Sunnyslope itself is for the most part not within the Madison district.

I would suggest living within the district boundaries rather than a separate suburb. It's a great area with easy access to both city amenities and good mountain views and hiking trails. Look at apartments in zips 85020 (but sticking to complexes along Northern Ave. or points south), 85016, 85014, and 85012. Rents are not particularly low in the district, but they're generally less than in the other areas you mention.

I've lived in the Madison district for over a dozen years, and I think the area is among the best in the Phoenix area. I moved in long before my first child was born because it's a rare neighborhood that works well for both families and singles. Now that I have to think about school quality, I'm pleased to be established in a neighborhood that combines a central location with excellent schools.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:48 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,160,659 times
Scottsdale and PV are very pricey areas to live, although nice. Cave creek I don't know of any apartments up there. The commute from up there wouldn't be the best. I'd stick closer to your district area. What is your price for an apt?

Old 03-14-2007, 11:05 AM

8 posts, read 17,996 times
Default Thank you...

...for responding. My price range is anywhere between $1000 to $1600. I would prefer a condo or townhouse, as at my age (30's) I feel an apartment would be going backwards. Unless of course there are apartments that cater to young professionals, rather than "college to 20-somethings" (not to say that "20-somethings" are not professional).

Old 03-15-2007, 04:12 PM

51 posts, read 238,909 times
I'm moving from Michigan to teach second grade and I'm going through a place called uship, which is similar to ebay but for movers. I found a company on there that will move my 805 sq ft. apartment for around $650, which is a lot cheaper than shipping my big stuff or renting a u-haul/ryder. Everything seems pretty reputable. Go to uship.com and you can read all about how it works and what not.
Good luck with the move

Old 03-17-2007, 11:59 AM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,449,878 times
I agree witht he first responder. Look for homes or condos in the North Central Phoenix area between 10th ave and 10th street, South of Northern, to around Camelback Rd. Also, look in the Biltmore Corridor, or Arcadia. These homes are a little pricier, but will guarentee that you are in a nice, safe neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona