Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:06 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,319,607 times

Advertisements

While I cant compare it directly with Mercy Gilbert, which Im sure is good, My mother recently spent a week in Casa Grande Regional, mostly in ICU, but a day in regular room also, and then just this week had to return to the ER after a fall. Both times she felt very well cared for (she made many comments to that effect), they stabilized her quickly, and she cant say enough. The communication from staff with us (the sons that were there with her) was good from most, and when it was a little weak, it was from the doctors seeming a little more rushed, and even then as long as we asked them to slow down and explain, they always did. The financial assistance staff (she is on Medicare with one of those advantage plans) was very helpful with making sure we knew what was covered vs what was reccommeded but not covered and offered options if they could for things that were not covered.

Our experience was just fine at CG Hospital. I think much of how your experience with healthcare goes is based upon a good attitude. I am absolutely sure some have bad experiences with CG Hospital, and Im sorry if yours was. But Im sure there are many people who can say the same about Mercy Gilbert. Every interaction in a service situation (which helthcare is) is different and depends on many factors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 08:01 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,345,353 times
Although this thread started way back in 2007 and had a year long break between Dec 2008 and Dec 2009, I have found it to be an interesting read. In the mid 1940s my Dad ran a ranch 15+ miles south of C.G., and while visiting him one summer we went into C.G. a couple of times on business. It was just a small laid back ranch/farm town where everyone knew everyone. As expected, what a difference 60+ years make.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:56 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,255,708 times
I had major surgery in CG in 1988 and I survived. I lived halfway between CG and Maricopa, and also Florence, and CG for several years. There was a major Coke problem, but now it is Meth. A lot of Gang issues also, but I have never worried about gangs (but then I have carried since 1963) and I actually really liked CG.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:11 PM

148 posts, read 301,429 times
A lot has changed in both CG and Maricopa since the date of this initial post. I invite you to do more research and throw aside any preconceived notions you have garnered through this thread and start all over.
I am a snowbird living in Maricopa, and I love it. Mind you, my demographics works well here. I'm not certain how well it would work for other demographics.
As for CG, I love it there! It is quirky and interesting. Every chance I get I head there for the day to explore.
Good luck.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:12 AM

52 posts, read 98,296 times
I am also considering relocating from Tennessee to Casa Grande. My uncle used to live in Arizona City and worked in CG and I have visited the place a few times. I liked it but all I see on these posts are housing related to "planned communities" in the city. What I'm looking for is inexpensive homes (under 50k) in the country. Mobiles are okay. Preferable on the north side as I will be working in Phoenix close to the airport. (I drive an hour one way to work now so the drive doesn't bother me).

Does anyone have any info on these types of properties? I am a country boy and refuse to live in the city.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:57 PM

641 posts, read 2,358,409 times
Arizona city has plenty of cheap homes rite now, some starting around 26k for a starter. Check Trulia.
I wish I did not buy my house two years ago but now. There are some real good deals. There is a very nice two story home for 61 k here, that is almost new.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:21 AM

1,707 posts, read 4,319,607 times
Hardtail - Not sure what you will find for under 50K with any land at all - especially on the north side...the city limits go all the way up to the Gila River reservation and most of that is all zoned for planned development, even if it isnt occurring yet.

MAYBE on the east side of I 10 out near Central Arizona College or out by Coolidge you might be able to do a little better.

Now, if you are willing to live in an older MH PARK, you may be able to find something in town, but for under 50K you are gonna be in some awful low living standards, even for a mobile.

Happy hunting.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:08 PM

52 posts, read 98,296 times
Not too concerned about the building itself (I built my house here so I can repair whatever needs fixing... or rebuild it if I have to), my concern is mainly with location. Private, safe, and secluded, yet (preferably) within an hour from Sky Harbor Airport (my job will be close to there... off 7th St.). I'm planning on going out there this summer to see if I can tolerate Phoenix summer temps and check out a couple real estate companies.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:36 PM

6 posts, read 21,625 times
I am 27 and thinking about moving to Casa Grande for a medical job. As young professional, is there any areas of town or particular apartments that anyone would recommend? Thanks.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:05 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,756,803 times
There are apartments, etc., all over...all are close to the hospital, clinics or center of town, within 10 minutes or so...you can probably rent a nice house, depends on what you want to spend...what you want for amenities...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona