Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:47 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times

Advertisements

without the humidity, it actually feels just a little cooler than the actual temp indicates, but just a little....

May and June are the driest and hottest months of the year....cools quickly in the evening, warms quickly in the morning...very hot, bright, but very dry.....it actually feels good to come back out into the warm, dry air after wearing your sweater in June to a too-cold movie theater....

but the humidity goes up in July and August as our summer rains arrive....doesn't always rain where you are, but it is much more humid....rarely gets below 85 for a low in the metro Phx area those months and the A/C runs all the time....not comfortable at all....

September gets hot and dry again....nighttime lows in October start to finally drop a good bit, but still warm in the daytime.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 10:59 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
To me, no, it actually seems hotter in places like Florida in the summer, with the higher humidity.

Outside the summer months, and some heat in May and Sept, the weather here is great. And we don't have to shovel the heat.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:34 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,981,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
some heat in May and Sept
'some' heat defined as upper 90's to 108. That's some heat alright.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:18 AM

338 posts, read 1,624,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb.doxiebird65 View Post
Hello I am a student starting clases at GCU, I am possible thinking about moving in that area. I understand its hot there! But Dry heat is different from our moist heat, correct. So does it seem hotter with out the humdity
Oh it gets very hot here, dry heat or not, it's HOT. But I personally think humidity is disgusting and it feels worse to sweat and feel all sticky. We do get some humidity out here during our monsoon and it feels gross. I have lived in Arizona for almost 30 years and I was here went it hit 122 degrees in June 1990, that felt HOT! I think that is our record high for the valley. Normally temps range from 105-115 during the summer months. It is not at all uncommon to have consecutive days of 110+ especially in September and the 100's can stick around through October.

Personally, I don't mind the heat. It does not bother me too much. No one really spends too much time outside in the summer because you can get dehydrated very quickly.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:56 PM

122 posts, read 307,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynasty32 View Post
Im from Texas, and was wondering if I could survive the summer in Arizona? Also is housing more expensive in Arizona? I'm looking to stay in an apartment.
Regarding "surviving summer", there could be way too many variables on your end, as well as on this end for you to receive a good serious answer.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:46 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,045 times
This post reminds me of the Kentucky forum's self-imposed template for new comers (it is stickied at the top and titled something like "Newcomers read this first" and it seems to actually work). Here it is:

READ if you are asking about where to live in KY

There's been many threads recently from people requesting information on which cities to live in in KY. If you are about to post one of these information request threads, please include the following:

-Where you are working
-How much you are willing to spend on housing
-How long of a commute you're willing to tolerate
-If you have kids: Private school or public school?
-What type of neighborhood environment you are looking for: small town feeling? small city excitement? suburbia delight?
-Community amenities important to you
-Pie or cake?

We on the KY forum would appreciate it if you included the above information in your initial post so you can get the information you want as quickly as possible and we would not have to repost the same questions for every thread. Thank you.

Okay, I totally don't get the pie or cake thing... but this is something that the Arizona forum needs.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme4878 View Post
This post reminds me of the Kentucky forum's self-imposed template for new comers (it is stickied at the top and titled something like "Newcomers read this first" and it seems to actually work). Here it is:

READ if you are asking about where to live in KY

There's been many threads recently from people requesting information on which cities to live in in KY. If you are about to post one of these information request threads, please include the following:

-Where you are working
-How much you are willing to spend on housing
-How long of a commute you're willing to tolerate
-If you have kids: Private school or public school?
-What type of neighborhood environment you are looking for: small town feeling? small city excitement? suburbia delight?
-Community amenities important to you
-Pie or cake?

We on the KY forum would appreciate it if you included the above information in your initial post so you can get the information you want as quickly as possible and we would not have to repost the same questions for every thread. Thank you.

Okay, I totally don't get the pie or cake thing... but this is something that the Arizona forum needs.
Good points for newbies to include.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:08 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
The first time we went to Florida was during a heat wave in July. I have never, ever been that hot anyplace at anytime than during that trip. There was no air to breath, just heat. I will take AZ heat over that any day.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:23 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,981,334 times
Bet the tone of this thread changes decidedly to the 'too hot' side by September.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinic View Post
Bet the tone of this thread changes decidedly to the 'too hot' side by September.
Yeah, bet not much different than the "too cold", "too grey", "too much snow" tone of threads coming from the midwest by October.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona