Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 02:29 PM

1,373 posts, read 3,126,466 times

Advertisements

YouTube - DHS Checkpoint Blog Entry 9: 'Cruz' Control

I do NOT like this at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 04:48 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,575,071 times
If you have nothing to hide, and are here legally, what do you have to worry about? I encountered that on my way from Tombstone back to Tucson (mind you, when my girlfriend's father gave me the car to drive, so I had to answer the questions!)
They're doing their jobs to cut down on the number of illegals.
I think the guy driving the car was a complete a**. Very rude.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:10 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,213,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
If you have nothing to hide, and are here legally, what do you have to worry about? I encountered that on my way from Tombstone back to Tucson (mind you, when my girlfriend's father gave me the car to drive, so I had to answer the questions!)
They're doing their jobs to cut down on the number of illegals.
I think the guy driving the car was a complete a**. Very rude.
Yeah, what a complete loser. I have to wonder about these checkpoints though. Are illegals really dumb enough to drive up to them?

Not sure what you don't like, Mimzy, but if you are referring to border enforcement you are not going to get a whole lot of sympathy for your point of view on the Arizona forum. We are the victims of the federal neglect.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimzyMusic View Post
If you have nothing to hide..........there will not be a problem.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 PM

116 posts, read 368,406 times
I wouldnt be such a prick as the driver. I dont see his point and waste of time other than he thinks he's better than the people we hire and pay for to check people for their citizenship.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:15 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,238 times
This guy is a real work of art.. what is he trying to prove... with
his smart-azz attitude. Just answer the question and be on your way!
He knew the checkpoint was there.. he knew what it was there for...
he knew exactly what he was going to say/do even before he got there...

Check-points that can catch illegals, drunks, drug runners, terrorists,
any criminal... is ok in my book
He must have been spanked a lot as a child...

Old 03-12-2009, 08:54 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,575,071 times
The thing that he really reminds me of is one of those jacka** jocks, or kids starving for being accepted that he acts like that to all authority figures, especially teachers. He seems like the guy that would interrupt class at any given opportunity just to make some kind of statement that has no bearing in life.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:48 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,743,920 times
I am not sure what this guy is trying to prove either. We have increasing violence on our borders and it is moving into our country. These men were only doing a job and I think he could have simply answered the question. We were recently stopped well inside the USA and we just answered and let them check the car and went on our way. I feel for our border agents, they are damned if the do and damned if they don't.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:31 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,120 times
What an absolute clown. I love the guy's "Jr. Jack Bauer Super Spy Kit" complete with fake 35mm camera. How many shots of the moblie office to his right does he really need? What, does he think that's where they keep the really BIG secrets?
There are a lot of things with our government that I don't agree with, but going out of your way to make a video to show everyone just how much smarter you are than a couple of boarder patrol agents is just stupid. All he did was make himself look like the idiot he is. Way to go 007! Michael Moore you are not.

Keep up the good work agents Cruz and Villa.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:27 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,206 times
why do they have boarder patrol on all the roads leading out of yuma? are they trying to keep all the illegals in yuma? wth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona