Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 12:53 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,776,809 times
Yeah - the infamous "Phoenix Lights"! Guys! Hell- O! All of you - turn on Coast To Coast AM RIGHT NOW! (KFYI 10PM - 4AM your guys' time) - though you missed the show - they were talking about it just the other night - but they will again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 08:04 AM

38,971 posts, read 50,909,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona_chic View Post
I was looking through some posts here and in other state threads and people have said that Arizona has had UFO sightings? whats up with that?
In case you were in search of a more serious reply, there have been a couple instances where thousands noted a string of lights in the southern skies of Phoenix area. The official line is that they were flares dropped by planes on training missions out of Luke AFB (located here) over the bombing range down by the border (Of course, we all know that is a government lie and that creatures from outer space are probing our defenses in preparation for an invasion). Or?

Old 03-27-2007, 10:22 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,773,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
In case you were in search of a more serious reply,
I was being serious... they were little and sorta gray, 'course that might have been due to the lighting inside the craft. In daylight who knows? I guess they could be green.(but i really think they're gray...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
(Of course, we all know that is a government lie and that creatures from outer space are probing our defenses in preparation for an invasion). Or?
I wouldn't worry about that too much, 'cause even though they didn't really talk, it was kinda like I could hear 'em in my head (if that makes any sense). Anyway, I could tell the one little guy did not like it here, something about a wasteland with no intelligent life, so they may blow us up, but I don't think they will invade. I "heard" one of 'em "say" something about their home planet. Called it Sedon or Sedona, something like that. Sounded like a very mysterious planet.

Last edited by aj661; 03-27-2007 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: the voices told me to

Old 03-27-2007, 11:26 AM

1,657 posts, read 2,682,333 times
" I was being serious... they were little and sorta gray, 'course that might have been due to the lighting inside the craft. In daylight who knows? I guess they could be green.(but i really think they're gray...)"

I actually entered one of their ships in Laughlin - The Aquarius - and observed frightening displays of light and sound. First, I was drawn to a magnetic Wheel of Fortune, where it took my quarters, then they tried to drug me with alcohol so they could perform experiments on my body. I was rescued by a human form, but when I woke up in the morning all of my dollars were gone. They are very sneaky.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:06 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,121,054 times
Why is this subject so funny to you guys? Is it 'funny' because it makes people uncomfortable? In practically every other country on this planet, unexplained sighting are newsworthy and televised. In the US, they are objects of derision and promptly ignored. To admit that you've seen one here is a sign of dementia in our collective mind.

Yes, there have been many sightings here in the Phoenix area, most notably the March 1997 "Phoenix Lights". Even the governor at the time has admitted to seeing UFOs and regrets treating the subject so lightly while in office. I'm not going to argue real or unreal because, frankly, it's so self-evident.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:27 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,773,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Why is this subject so funny to you guys? Is it 'funny' because it makes people uncomfortable? In practically every other country on this planet, unexplained sighting are newsworthy and televised. In the US, they are objects of derision and promptly ignored. To admit that you've seen one here is a sign of dementia in our collective mind.

Yes, there have been many sightings here in the Phoenix area, most notably the March 1997 "Phoenix Lights". Even the governor at the time has admitted to seeing UFOs and regrets treating the subject so lightly while in office. I'm not going to argue real or unreal because, frankly, it's a no-brainer.
Not just funny, it's fun! If you want serious, I seriously believe there was a cover up at Roswell in 1947. But not a whole lot beyond that. What's wrong with some good natured joking? I can't speak for everyone here, but that's my only intention - a little light hearted humor for a change. My apologies if it offended you.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:18 PM

1,657 posts, read 2,682,333 times
"I'm not going to argue real or unreal because, frankly, it's so self-evident."

A UFO can be anything that you want it to be. But, for some people, it's always an alien spacecraft. That's why they call it "jumping" to conclusions. If you had to "walk" to a conclusion your common sense would have time to take charge.

IMHO, people that see aliens everywhere are NOT demented. They are......
well, just funny.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:10 PM

2,800 posts, read 9,987,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
" I was being serious... they were little and sorta gray, 'course that might have been due to the lighting inside the craft. In daylight who knows? I guess they could be green.(but i really think they're gray...)"

I actually entered one of their ships in Laughlin - The Aquarius - and observed frightening displays of light and sound. First, I was drawn to a magnetic Wheel of Fortune, where it took my quarters, then they tried to drug me with alcohol so they could perform experiments on my body. I was rescued by a human form, but when I woke up in the morning all of my dollars were gone. They are very sneaky.
Hey, wait a minute, I live in Bullhead/Laughlin. You're right they are ALL OVER HERE! And as aj661 put it there are a lot of "gray" ones in Laughlin! LMBO
I have seen a lot of these "aliens" in which you speak in my 19 years of Co-Existence here with them and they really do tend to rob everyone of every nickel (and pennies too these days) they have to their name as well as leave them in highly intoxicated states of mind. But that's ok, the next morning they often wake up and everything is a blur and they are not sure if it was a dream or reality! Keep laughing!
It's good for us all!

Old 03-27-2007, 05:12 PM

155 posts, read 819,748 times
you'd be amazed what the fastest growing county MARICOPA has moving into it

Old 03-27-2007, 11:09 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,765,171 times
Lightbulb Phoenix Lights and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post

Yes, there have been many sightings here in the Phoenix area, most notably the March 1997 "Phoenix Lights". Even the governor at the time has admitted to seeing UFOs and regrets treating the subject so lightly while in office. I'm not going to argue real or unreal because, frankly, it's so self-evident.
The fact that most people find it funny is because so very few ever see an event. When you don’t see things it’s easy to poke fun at someone else or make fun of the topic. However the fact of the matter is that there are too many unexplained events that creditable people have witnessed and documented. That isn’t to say they are alien ~ only to say that it isn’t something that we can relate to.

As for the Phoenix Lights, I didn’t see them and wished I had had the opportunity to view what so many others have talked about. I personally saw the video that the doctor from east Phoenix had video of, and I have also listened to many accounts of the events that occurred that night.

One of the key points that most people continue to fail and notice is the time line of the sightings from Kingman Az to the Verde Valley and then into Phoenix. The dropping of flares by the air force s/w of the valley was one event and should not be confused with the first event of the lights coming from Kingman. Two different things being viewed!

Whatever they were is classified as “unidentified” and they were off the ground so they were “flying” and it was some type of “object”. UFO isn’t a funny topic it’s the people who fail to understand the topic.

Arizona may have more sighting because we have larger areas where there is less cloud cover and less city lights providing near total darkness. And we shouldn’t forget that Arizona is a tourist area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona