U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 02:08 AM

87 posts, read 157,918 times
anything on cordes lake or cordes junction? would like to hear some in-put and information about living there. thanks much. take care ron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 05:27 PM

30 posts, read 39,978 times
Default Bhc ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellzBellz View Post
The Dust Devils can be a little intimidating in the rural areas, like when your traveling through Golden Valley coming from BHC.
There is lots of exploring to do, just make sure you always have plenty of water with you.
What is BHC ?

Old 01-08-2011, 05:30 PM

3,294 posts, read 3,241,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cee View Post
What is BHC ?
Probably Bullhead City.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:59 AM

13 posts, read 15,293 times
I'm surprised not to see any posts on Anthem and the Sonoran Foothills...anyone?

Old 01-18-2011, 11:07 AM

11,801 posts, read 10,358,158 times
Might want to use the Advanced search function. Here are some threads on Anthem.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=26509587

Old 01-22-2011, 05:46 PM

832 posts, read 634,840 times
Can anyone provide a reviw of (East) Mesa and where are the best areas are to rent?

Thanks

Old 01-22-2011, 06:04 PM

13,953 posts, read 16,892,767 times
This thread is really not the best place to get information about rentals in a particular city, particularly in the metro Phoenix area. Go to the Phoenix forum and start a thread about renting in East Mesa, and ask your questions there. You can also find a lot of information if you use the search function and read existing threads.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:38 AM

26 posts, read 40,122 times
Default Thank you!

Thank you all for posting info for city by city in AZ...this is VERY helpful to us who want to move to AZ and have very little knowledge about each city. I would like to hear about Mesa/Tempe/Queen Creek as well....

Old 03-20-2011, 08:44 AM

13,953 posts, read 16,892,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrossy View Post
Thank you all for posting info for city by city in AZ...this is VERY helpful to us who want to move to AZ and have very little knowledge about each city. I would like to hear about Mesa/Tempe/Queen Creek as well....
You will find more information about those cities, and others in the metro Phoenix area, by using the search function to look up threads in which these cities are discussed.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 4,232 times
Default Looking to Relocate

I'm considering relocating possibly to the State of Arizona, so city by city is a great idea! Prescott sounds inviting and affordable for a writer who's at retirement age and looking for a place to call home. I've not read too many city by city's as yet, but I will.... Sometime back, on an airplane flight into Toledo, Ohio, I met a lady who lived in Green Valley, AZ. She loved the area. I don't want city life, but I don't want total country living either, although I enjoy horses. Something in between city and country would be very nice! And the weather appears to be quite nice in Prescott. Thanks for info!

Moderator cut: advertising not permitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen B View Post
What a nice idea! Especially if the input comes from those actually living in the city they're offering feedback on. It will be nice to have some objective info, and some positive input (like what's nice about an area - not just a gripe session about everything we hate about an area )

Weather: Four seasons. Fairly mild. Summer temps seldom reach 100 and cool at night into low 60's. Winter temps - highs around 45-55, lows usually in the 20's-30's. Occasional snow that melts within the day. Worst months - May/June when it's extremely dry and windy = Fire season.
Schools: I'm not an expert on this one, but supposedly Prescott has some of the best public schools in AZ and one or two good private schools, too.
Commute: Avoid Hwy 69 between Prescott/PV during rush hour. However, unless there's a wreck, it still only takes 1/2 hr to get from downtown Prescott to Dewey (5 mi SE of Prescott Valley). Total drive is about 15mi, so I don't think it's too bad. However with all the new construction it's bound to get worse.
Food: We have the usual chains (Outback, Chilis, Olive Garden, etc. But I really like some of the unique eateries we have.
Shopping: All the typical suberb shopping (Target, Pier 1, Michaels, Best Buy, Barnes N Nobles, Starbucks, etc.) We do have a mall. Ditto in Prescott. More shopping on the way. Good thing or bad thing depending on your point of view. Will definitely add to traffic and growth.
Air quality: Except for when the Forest Service does controlled burns, it's very good. I love the smell of the pines after a summer rain storm.
Economy: The area needs more good paying jobs. Medical and service jobs are the majority of jobs here, although others are available - just not plentiful. Other than the job situation, the economy is very strong!
Crime: Generally low. You will find a few areas that have a reputation for being less safe than normal. An occasional meth-lab or drug bust or domestic dispute. As Prescott/Prescott Valley grow, I'm sure crime will too. Right now, though, I feel very safe in the area.
Housing prices: Generally high compared with wages. However not as high as many people imagine. New 3/2/3, 1600-2000 in PV will be around $250-$300k. In Prescott, you'll probably spend $375-$450 for a comparable home.
Good neighborhoods: Doesn't really apply up here. It's more like views/boulders/pines in Prescott vs more affordable housing in Prescott Valley vs horse property in Chino Valley and Dewey.
Culture: Depends on your perspective. We have some nice museums and art galleries, some musicals and plays, and some concerts and restaurants with live music. Prescott is a town of about 40,000, so you're not going to have an abundance of cultural experiences here

Last edited by Kimballette; 04-18-2011 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: advertising not permitted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona