Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:34 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times

Advertisements

Northern Arizona Multiple Listing Service

check out this official MLS site for Flag, Williams, and surroundings....does not include Sedona....

click on the "find properties" link, have java enabled, then enter your preferences....you may be able to do it if you don't mind a rural location, a long drive to work, etc.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 11:49 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,413,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
Northern Arizona Multiple Listing Service

check out this official MLS site for Flag, Williams, and surroundings....does not include Sedona....

click on the "find properties" link, have java enabled, then enter your preferences....you may be able to do it if you don't mind a rural location, a long drive to work, etc.....
I don't mind driving 1-1.5 hours to get to work, just not much more than that. Ideally I would like to work in Flagstaff, and commute.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:55 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I don't mind driving 1-1.5 hours to get to work, just not much more than that. Ideally I would like to work in Flagstaff, and commute.
OK, in theory then, you could be in a 60 to 90 mile radius of Flag.

One thing I might suggest you consider though is there are those times in the Winter that driving up there is a little .... "rough" so, you might think "closer" rather than farther.

Thought I would offer this up

Old 05-12-2009, 05:21 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
You ought to look around Williams. There's a TON of land for sale out that way.

How about 12 acres for $29,900, less than an hour from Flag? Tract 339B - 12 Beautiful Acres North Of Williams, AZ

Old 05-12-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You ought to look around Williams. There's a TON of land for sale out that way.

How about 12 acres for $29,900, less than an hour from Flag? Tract 339B - 12 Beautiful Acres North Of Williams, AZ
Wow, great find! I would prefer to live in a wooded area, but I might consider this area.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:08 PM

That's north of Williams. Williams itself is heavily wooded, so I would think that could be easily accomplished. There's also Bridge Canyon Estates in Seligman, but that's a little over an hour from Flag. However, it is a community with maintained roads, and probably power. Honestly there is tons and tons of land for sale in Northern, AZ. You shouldn't have to pay much more than $1K to $2K per acre, especially these days. Maybe the more desirable parcels closer to Flag might be more. I would call the guy up in that ad I referenced above. I bet he'd love to pull land listings in that area that match your criteria.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
That's north of Williams. Williams itself is heavily wooded, so I would think that could be easily accomplished. There's also Bridge Canyon Estates in Seligman, but that's a little over an hour from Flag. However, it is a community with maintained roads, and probably power. Honestly there is tons and tons of land for sale in Northern, AZ. You shouldn't have to pay much more than $1K to $2K per acre, especially these days. Maybe the more desirable parcels closer to Flag might be more. I would call the guy up in that ad I referenced above. I bet he'd love to pull land listings in that area that match your criteria.
Awesome, thank you so much for the info.

Who would I contact to start getting prices on improvements, such as water, roads, electricty, etc.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
Who would I contact to start getting prices on improvements, such as water, roads, electricty, etc.
Depends on the property. The Realtor or land broker should be able to tell all. If it's a community then there should be an association. The Realtor should be able to tell you how to contact them as well. Good luck and keep us apprised on progress!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:21 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times
be picky, Karma, and don't rush to purchase....should be able to haggle, too.....check out what your place looks like at night and see if it's still OK

there's gotta be a ton of "for sale" signs in no. Az....there are so many of those subdivided "ranches" that we see ads for in the back of the TV Guide and similar...been going on for decades

remember that Az real estate law allows relaxed standards for developments with lots over 36 acres each...these may or may not get subdivided later, so check out the history of your interests.....

man, would be nice to set up a totally "off the grid" place with a view, solar, quiet, clean air....make sure the isolation won't get to you....and it will not be a good investment (will probably always be too much supply and not enough demand), but it'll be what you want....

Old 05-13-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
be picky, Karma, and don't rush to purchase....should be able to haggle, too.....check out what your place looks like at night and see if it's still OK

there's gotta be a ton of "for sale" signs in no. Az....there are so many of those subdivided "ranches" that we see ads for in the back of the TV Guide and similar...been going on for decades

remember that Az real estate law allows relaxed standards for developments with lots over 36 acres each...these may or may not get subdivided later, so check out the history of your interests.....

man, would be nice to set up a totally "off the grid" place with a view, solar, quiet, clean air....make sure the isolation won't get to you....and it will not be a good investment (will probably always be too much supply and not enough demand), but it'll be what you want....
This is basically what I am trying to do, I plan on using solar and wind if possible. I want the isolation, I enjoy it.

I am looking for a investment, I obviously plan on living on this land at some point, but owning land has been a dream of mine for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona