U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-12-2009, 01:57 PM

109 posts, read 174,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Believe me, South . . . having grown up in Arlington, the Summers here are no worse than back in the DC area.

In fact, much shorter "brutal" period and fewer bugs.

Now that's what I am talking about!!!! Bummer you and I know firsthand that many people minimize or underestimate the brutal summers that are felt on the east coast. Since there are so many other things this region is known for (good and bad) raging temperatures are rarely talked about or passed over. Believe us, it gets hot here!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 08:22 AM
MrV

14 posts, read 14,594 times
I am a newbie and know that the same question have been asked a thousand times. Being new to this I am stumbling thru this forum and trying not to be a pain in the a**. Just looking for as much info on Arizona from the people who live there. LordBalfor was the first to reply to my posting and I appreciate him taking the time. Be patience with us Newbies.
Angelo

Old 05-13-2009, 08:37 AM

Angelo,

Its not surprising that LordBalfor was the first to offer up help but truthfully everyone on this forum has been extremely friendly, helpful, and hospitable to me. Even those who didn't or couldn't answer my questions offered up a "good luck" statement. I am southerner who hasn't lost southern hospitality or chivalry along the way so I should fit right into AZ.

Have you decided where in Arizona you are headed?

Old 05-13-2009, 09:06 AM

2,916 posts, read 5,022,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrV View Post
I am a newbie and know that the same question have been asked a thousand times. Being new to this I am stumbling thru this forum and trying not to be a pain in the a**. Just looking for as much info on Arizona from the people who live there. LordBalfor was the first to reply to my posting and I appreciate him taking the time. Be patience with us Newbies.
Angelo
Thanks for your commentary, Angelo. Truly, Lord Balfor is one of the gems on these forums!

Hey, newbies and their questions are basically much of what this forum is all about. Most "new" questions are genuinely important, and are asked in good faith in order to receive good, serious answers about Arizona. Its true that many of the questions may have already been asked a gazillion times before by most everyone on planet earth. However, its also true that newbies are just not aware that they could go on a treasure hunt and get most of their questions answered just by sifting through these threads by using the search feature (see toolbar above).

Some of us who have been here a while are more patient about newbie questions than others, so please forgive us if we seem a bit unfriendly at times. We forget that we were once a bunch of clueless, ignorant newbies ourselves. Those of us who truly hate responding to many of these monotonous, ill-conceived questions just won't respond, plain and simple. However, there are those of us which just can't resist coming on and blasting a few of you once in a while. Pay no attention to us. We get a little bored now and then, and we love playing good cop/bad cop with some of you. Remember to keep on sifting via the search feature, and if you still can't find what you need, then just give up and don't ever bother us again.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:07 AM

383 posts, read 268,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south_east2west View Post
What I am about to say comes from a very "newbie" point of view!

I am no longer concerned with the heat because after researching the historical weather pattern in SV as compared to the DC metro area, there is no comparison! 85 degrees w/52% humidity commonly felt during the summer months in this area "feels" much hotter and more uncomfortable than 95 degrees w/8% humidity in SV. Just my luck this may be a summer never experienced before in SV and I may spend the summer walking around with ice in my britches!!!
We've been here, in Sierra Vista, for 9 months and love it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:18 AM

15,898 posts, read 13,713,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Thanks for your commentary, Angelo. Truly, Lord Balfor is one of the gems on these forums!
Gee, thanks folks.

Zony is 100% right though - newcomers should strive to use the existing wealth of information already present by utilizing the "search" function - then if you need more info or some clarification, there are plenty of people to help folks out.

There is TONS of info existing on this board.

Ken

Old 05-13-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfurm View Post
We've been here, in Sierra Vista, for 9 months and love it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
wfurm,

You shouldn't have said that because now you have to get the party started. First tell us where you moved from and then give us a quick overview of your impression of SV over the past 9 months. What about those things that turned out to be better than you expected....or worse?

Old 05-13-2009, 10:38 AM
MrV

We are looking at Green Valley. We are planning at trip to G.V. in July or August. We are going to try and stay at least a month and if possible two months just to get a feel for the area and see what the surrounding areas have to offer. This may sound off the wall to some but our move is a spirtural one. We are feeling a little boxed in New Jeresy.
Angelo

Old 05-13-2009, 10:47 AM
MrV

ZonyPony, love good cop / bad cop! If any newbie gets their nickers in a twist about having their b*lls busted they need to get a sense of humor or thicker skin. I worked commerical construction for 25 years and you needed to roll with the punches.
Angelo

Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 AM

2,916 posts, read 5,022,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrV View Post
We are looking at Green Valley. We are planning at trip to G.V. in July or August. We are going to try and stay at least a month and if possible two months just to get a feel for the area and see what the surrounding areas have to offer. This may sound off the wall to some but our move is a spirtural one. We are feeling a little boxed in New Jeresy.
Angelo
Just be careful, Angelo! Sometimes people move here thinking Arizona and the Southwest lifestyle will be "heaven", but then after daily-life and reality sets in, then their once-happy thought process shifts down into "purgatory" or "limbo", because they start missing "back home", or the "four seasons", or the "family", or the "old haunts". It happens.

Our hearts and minds truly work us over, and play on our deepest feelings. One has to be pretty committed, and what you guys are doing (by spending 1-2 months here) will give you lots of ammunition - lots of info, and I applaud your decision. Unfortunately, not everyone can do this, and the above could and does happen. Just notice the threads of unhappy posters, which at some point used to be stoked-up newbies! Many are now bad-mouthing Arizona - too many to count. But I say: Give it a bloody go, bro'! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona