Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 02:35 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,560,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
So go away......please....we know that the world doesnt revovle around AZ and we know that we have our share of problems here....one of them being transplants from other areas who are constantly griping and moaning about how bad it is here and how much better it is wherever they came from.....if it is so much better than WHY DID YOU LEAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE !!!!!!!!!!!!

So please go away. go back to whatever icebound, rustbelt, run down area that spawned you.......and GOOD RIDDANCE!!
Your hostile responce shows exactly what I'm talking about, people attacking me just cuz I dont have a favorable opinion about AZ. Big deal. As I said, its only my obervation and experience. And just cuz a state is Northern, dont make it 'Rust Belt, or rundown' or whatever ignorant and stereotypical label you give. I have my preferences and so do you. You guys here have no clue about other regions of the country. NONE. In fact, people from the Midwest often say derogatory things about this area of the country. This forum allows people to provide their opinion and insight on places, so thats what I'm doing. People are free to disagree. Grow up.

As for me moving here 4 years ago, it was due to a job transfer. Not my choice but the company's. good news is that in the next 6 months I can transfer back. And I cant wait. Feel free to disagree all you want, but the hostility is unecessary. Cant we all just get along?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 02:39 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,560,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyAnn View Post
Bad things happen everywhere, that is a sad fact of life. I do have to say that the child abuse statistics out here are outrageous, and the drownings are inexcusable. I know that has nothing to do with the original post, I can just see how someone might think that there is more crime in not necessarily Arizona as a whole but Phoenix.
Well put. Arizona ranks first in a number of sad categories unfortunately: child kidnappings, child drownings, the worst education, percent growth in prison population, illegal immigrants, and the country's biggest budget deficit. For some reason, people here think AZ is a utopia. Perhaps theyve never lived anywhere else.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:19 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
Your hostile responce shows exactly what I'm talking about, people attacking me just cuz I dont have a favorable opinion about AZ. Big deal. As I said, its only my obervation and experience. And just cuz a state is Northern, dont make it 'Rust Belt, or rundown' or whatever ignorant and stereotypical label you give. I have my preferences and so do you. You guys here have no clue about other regions of the country. NONE. In fact, people from the Midwest often say derogatory things about this area of the country. This forum allows people to provide their opinion and insight on places, so thats what I'm doing. People are free to disagree. Grow up.

As for me moving here 4 years ago, it was due to a job transfer. Not my choice but the company's. good news is that in the next 6 months I can transfer back. And I cant wait. Feel free to disagree all you want, but the hostility is unecessary. Cant we all just get along?
Hostility? Haha! You need to go back and re-read YOUR post before you get on anyone else's post, krock!

Old 05-25-2009, 08:22 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,778,604 times
In a friendly little country town named Charlotte, Tennessee, the judge places a 38 caliber pistol on his desk when he comes into the court room. He holds it in his hand when he comes in so that everyone can see him place it in front of him.

That is in addition to the two armed deputies in the room near him. There must be a reason for that precaution.

There are also a lot of illegal Hispanics in that area, but that is not the reason for the guns. He was doing that long before the Hispanics arrived.

There have been murders, robberies, beatings, etc all throughout Dickson County, TN. just like throughout the rest of the US.

My cousin was beaten to death and thrown out of a car about a half mile from his house, far out in the country. Why? No one knows. Maybe just some good ole boys having fun.

Phoenix is not unique in that it has gangs, illegals, and the resulting violence from those as well as the violence from the other population.

We're just one of the many.

Take a walk through Bedford Styvesant in New York, if you want to see shootings most every day.

Go to almost any big city, like Chicago, St Louis, ares of Miami, and Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, etc and you'll find more of the same.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:07 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,764,696 times
and this wasn't a random act of violence. It was a jealous ex who killed his wife and new boyfriend. This type of will and does happen everywhere. So don'tmake it sound like this only happens in AZ.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:24 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZnative4Life View Post
and this wasn't a random act of violence. It was a jealous ex who killed his wife and new boyfriend. This type of will and does happen everywhere. So don'tmake it sound like this only happens in AZ.
Absolutely. It is the kind of thing that can, and does, happen all over the country. Please don't use it as an excuse for one of your redundant rants about how bottom of the barrel Arizona is.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:38 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,355,517 times
Quote:
For some reason, people here think AZ is a utopia. Perhaps theyve never lived anywhere else.
I've lived lots of other places, both in the US and abroad and I DO find AZ to be paradise. I try not to spend any time in bad neighborhoods or around unsavory characters and so far I have not seen any crime at all in Phoenix. I want to keep it that way.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:50 PM

861 posts, read 2,191,737 times
Quote:

"O' Happy Day""

Old 05-26-2009, 09:16 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
"O' Happy Day""
Amen.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:29 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,575,732 times
Quote:

You attack someone's state, and then you ask "Why the hostility?" If someone was spouting crap about your state constantly, I'm sure you'd get a little ticked.

I do realize people from northern MN don't have much good to say about the SW, but then again, 99% of them never took a trip down. All they think is a desert wasteland of sand and very few oasises. Oh, probably camels too.

Truly, if you didn't want to move to Phoenix 4 years ago, you didn't have to. I doubt the company put a gun to your head and forced you to move there. People shouldn't move to a place for a job or any other reason if they know they're going to hate it. Why voluntarily make your life miserable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona