Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:33 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,110,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Maybe it's your breath.
never got that close. but they were ready. you from kingman? there is a beautiful grove of trees i planted there as a windbreak, its still there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 07:01 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,445,795 times
Valentine is Indian Reservation the boundary hooks around and takes that piece in but leaves Hackberry and Keeper of the wild.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:06 AM

229 posts, read 653,048 times
You know that some people don't realize that there is a recession going on and if there are boardings on windows it is those companies that could not keep up with the recession. This has not been an overnight thing it has been coming on for the last few years. I find that Kingman is a great town and I would greatly call it home. I have friends there that I would call friends. I have family in BHC and Henderson and would love to come out and stay but at this time I can't, Why!!! The recession.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:28 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,003,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrokee69 View Post
You know that some people don't realize that there is a recession going on and if there are boardings on windows it is those companies that could not keep up with the recession. This has not been an overnight thing it has been coming on for the last few years. I find that Kingman is a great town and I would greatly call it home. I have friends there that I would call friends. I have family in BHC and Henderson and would love to come out and stay but at this time I can't, Why!!! The recession.
As you stated.

I will be age 52 next month and I have never seen things this bad till now.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:24 PM

4,790 posts, read 5,878,738 times
Well, a good note : I was at the old Courthouse in Kingman yesterday, and the little house next to the court house is getting a new roof. It's good to see that they didn't just knock it down, and put up something ugly. I hope they keep the windows authentic, and not put up one of those hideous white halogen lights. People come from miles around to see the old Kingman. To them, it's like a step back to the past. Some of the buildings are worth saving, and re-creating. A lot of new buildings are just stuffy and dead, with ugly lighting, and toxic fumes.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:11 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,003,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Well, a good note : I was at the old Courthouse in Kingman yesterday, and the little house next to the court house is getting a new roof. It's good to see that they didn't just knock it down, and put up something ugly. I hope they keep the windows authentic, and not put up one of those hideous white halogen lights. People come from miles around to see the old Kingman. To them, it's like a step back to the past. Some of the buildings are worth saving, and re-creating. A lot of new buildings are just stuffy and dead, with ugly lighting, and toxic fumes.
Needless to say: if I wound up living in Kingman--------it would definitely be the downtown area for me.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:54 PM

13,158 posts, read 21,698,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
A lot of new buildings are just stuffy and dead, with ugly lighting, and toxic fumes.
Hey watch it lady, that's my house you're talking about.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:06 PM

54,476 posts, read 33,769,730 times
Quote:
Ok, RiverGuy listed 10 business that have gone out of business in the last few years in Kingman. Well here are 12 new business that have opened in the same timeframe, off the top of my head. For whatever that's supposed to prove.

Safeway
Chuys
Starbucks
The wine bar
New BBQ place downtown
Oyster's Mexican Seafood
Subway (Hualapai Mtn Rd)
Senor Taco
Walgreens (under construction)
Medcath Medical (under construction)
Car Wash
Chinese Restaurant (Kino Ave)

I would also like to point out that Office Depot and Blockbuster are in trouble at the national level. Blockbuster's business model is obsolete, and Office Depot can't compete with Amazon (plus they stupidly located in the same mall as Staples.)

Ford Proving Ground is now Chrysler Proving Ground. They are reopening the steel mill in town.

That's it for me. I now return the program to the "haters" out there. You know who you are. Carry on, please.
I know your message is over 3 months old, but I also heard that Lowe's is either planning on, or already building a store in Kingman.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:50 PM

4,790 posts, read 5,878,738 times
Quote:
Hey watch it lady, that's my house you're talking about.
Well, you have a good mind, so it can't be too bad.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:10 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,445,795 times
A couple of years ago Lowes was coming to town, the recession hit and things have been really quiet on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona