Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 05:39 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times

Advertisements

Speeding is not dangerous, especially 35 in a 49. I am a habitual lead footed speeder and I have never had an at fault accident in my life, and I have been driving for 18 years. People who go the speed limit and do not use their turn signals, or run red lights are the dangerous ones. I should know, I have been hit multiple times by people like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 04:59 PM

9 posts, read 47,389 times
I am just thinkingb of going for a trial by written declaration as I cant go to a court in Az..has anyone any experience on that and what are the chances of winning?

Old 06-15-2009, 09:52 PM

131 posts, read 533,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candidannie View Post
I am just thinkingb of going for a trial by written declaration as I cant go to a court in Az..has anyone any experience on that and what are the chances of winning?
Why not just pay the ticket? You were driving the car right? you got caught this time. Think of all the times you speed and do not get a ticket. Just pay it and move on.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,207 times
does arizona always warn before mobile speed cameras? i was driving one way and no warning, i even turned around to double check and seen the warnings going the other way.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:16 AM

29 posts, read 88,026 times
Jgunn72-I am not a redflex employee who wants someone to pay their ticket. I could care less about RedFlex. I am a CA resident who frequents AZ. I happened to get a ticket in AZ and PAID my ticket. I like to do the right thing.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:52 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j8grant View Post
does arizona always warn before mobile speed cameras? i was driving one way and no warning, i even turned around to double check and seen the warnings going the other way.
Yes they do warn you. That is what all those signs are for that post the legal limit. Some say you can drive 65, others say you can drive 55. Those signs are the warning. One thing that I have noticed is that they haven't figured out how to put speeding signs in the air where I normally travel between Arizona and California. I for one kind of like crusing at 195.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:01 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Speeding is not dangerous, especially 35 in a 49. I am a habitual lead footed speeder and I have never had an at fault accident in my life, and I have been driving for 18 years. People who go the speed limit and do not use their turn signals, or run red lights are the dangerous ones. I should know, I have been hit multiple times by people like this.
I think you mean 49 in a 35. Still, I beg to differ with you. Whether or not YOU have avoided an accident doesn't determine what a safe speed limit is.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:30 PM

140 posts, read 467,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabc4 View Post
Jgunn72-I am not a redflex employee who wants someone to pay their ticket. I could care less about RedFlex. I am a CA resident who frequents AZ. I happened to get a ticket in AZ and PAID my ticket. I like to do the right thing.
From judge Keegan in Phoenix,
"Receiving a photo ticket in the mail from either program is not considered legal service. You may certainly reply to it but you are under no legal obligation to do so. In order for the service of the ticket to be enforceable, it must be served by a police officer or process server. You are entitled to a court hearing if you request it. If you are ultimately found responsible, the cost of this service may be added to the fine."

They did not legally serve you with a ticket in the mail, therefore the "right" thing to do it to make them serve you properly like the law states. Just paying the ticket is letting them bypass your rights as an American citizen. That is NOT the right thing to do. That said, I understand the fear factor of not paying a ticket and wouldn't begrudge someone who paid for that reason.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:43 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,777,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candidannie View Post
Hi
I am a resident of Ca and got a speeding ticket mailed at my residence in Ca for speeding at 49 mph in 35 mph speed limit zone....Can I ignore the ticket as it is out of state? I have already seen the video and for that I entered a city code that was given in the citation letter....does that mean I have waived my rights to be properly served as I have in a way acknowledged the reciept of the violation notice? It would be really appreciated if I can get the answers sooner than later as the court date is approaching....
Pay the ticket: Arizona needs the money

Old 07-05-2009, 05:44 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,057,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunn72 View Post
From judge Keegan in Phoenix,
"Receiving a photo ticket in the mail from either program is not considered legal service. You may certainly reply to it but you are under no legal obligation to do so. In order for the service of the ticket to be enforceable, it must be served by a police officer or process server. You are entitled to a court hearing if you request it. If you are ultimately found responsible, the cost of this service may be added to the fine."

They did not legally serve you with a ticket in the mail, therefore the "right" thing to do it to make them serve you properly like the law states. Just paying the ticket is letting them bypass your rights as an American citizen. That is NOT the right thing to do. That said, I understand the fear factor of not paying a ticket and wouldn't begrudge someone who paid for that reason.
I believe if you wait to be served....then you'll have an additional fee. You'll be billed for the process server.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona