U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-25-2009, 08:03 PM

6,356 posts, read 10,671,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
I was only speaking truth.
Well here's a truth for you. The only people that are threatened by homosexuality are those that are insecure in their own sexuality. Otherwise, why would they care?

I mean really, what business is it of yours? What's next, are you going to tell me and my wife how we should have sex? Who the hell ever assigned you guys to be the moral police? Who are they hurting? And WHY DO YOU CARE???

Honestly, I just don't get it. Live and let live. If you can't understand that, you have not the slightest bit of human compassion and you must be the most hypocritical pastor on the planet. You're also most likely a latent homosexual yourself, which is the only possible explanation why you are working so hard to discredit gays. You and that other guy who "has impulses" he doesn't act on.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:29 PM

803 posts, read 1,141,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Well here's a truth for you. The only people that are threatened by homosexuality are those that are insecure in their own sexuality. Otherwise, why would they care?

I mean really, what business is it of yours? What's next, are you going to tell me and my wife how we should have sex? Who the hell ever assigned you guys to be the moral police? Who are they hurting? And WHY DO YOU CARE???

Honestly, I just don't get it. Live and let live. If you can't understand that, you have not the slightest bit of human compassion and you must be the most hypocritical pastor on the planet. You're also most likely a latent homosexual yourself, which is the only possible explanation why you are working so hard to discredit gays. You and that other guy who "has impulses" he doesn't act on.

It was just a matter of time before an idiot like you would suggest something like that.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:35 PM

314 posts, read 572,732 times
Quote:
It was just a matter of time before an idiot like you would suggest something like that.
He's pretty well known for that type of childish posting.
I'm just considering the source.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:37 PM

Truth hurts, don't it boyz?

Old 06-25-2009, 10:52 PM

2,496 posts, read 5,734,568 times
I have to say that I'm absolutely sickened that a completely harmless, inquisitive thread turned into such a forum for hate and bigotry. Just proves to me more and more how disgusting and hateful some people are.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:00 PM

16,126 posts, read 14,158,418 times
Quote:
Well, the truth is, several studies have indicated as much. Here's a reference to just one:

"The results of this study indicate that individuals who score in the homophobic range and admit negative affect toward homosexuality demonstrate significant sexual arousal to male homosexual erotic stimuli."

frontline: assault on gay america: the roots of homophobia: putting freud to the test

Not sure if I believe that's USUALLY the case, but certainly many psychologists do.
Who knows? Maybe they are right. I suspect it's true in at least SOME cases.

Here's a bit more from another study:

"Thus, Sandor Ferenczi (1914) suggested that heterosexual men's feelings of aversion, hostility, and disgust toward male homosexuality really are reaction-formations and symptomatic of defense against affection for the same sex."

and...

"When compared to those with more favorable attitudes toward lesbians and gay men, these studies have found that persons with negative attitudes:

1. are less likely to have had personal contact with lesbians or gay;

2. are less likely to report having engaged in homosexual behaviors, or to identify themselves as lesbian or gay;

3. are more likely to perceive their peers as manifesting negative attitudes, especially if the respondents are males;

4. are more likely to have resided in areas where negative attitudes are the norm (e.g., the midwestern and southern United States, the Canadian prairies, and in rural areas or small towns), especially during adolescence;

5. are likely to be older and less well educated;

6. are more likely to be religious, to attend church frequently, and to subscribe to a conservative religious ideology;

7. are more likely to express traditional, restrictive attitudes about sex roles;

8. are less permissive sexually or manifest more guilt or negativity about sexuality, although some researchers have not observed this pattern and others have reported a substantially reduced correlation with the effects of sex-role attitudes partialled out;

9. are more likely to manifest high levels of authoritarianism and related personality characteristics.
"

frontline: assault on gay america: the roots of homophobia: hating gays - an overview of scientific studies

Ken

Old 06-25-2009, 11:00 PM

11,720 posts, read 9,982,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
God Bless Tucson.
And, there's the additional benefit to being close to Nogales, where they also have Gay bars.

And please, spare me the safety stories!

Old 06-26-2009, 01:05 AM

803 posts, read 1,141,245 times
2 things....

1. I assure you that I am as straight as an arrow..

2. It never fails that folks like some of you on this forum feel that they have to smear folks who disagree with them.

That is low, immature and a sign of a very immoral character IMHO.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:17 AM

3,995 posts, read 6,298,761 times
Everyone just let it go and agree to disagree! Hopefully we offered the OP the information she and her partner needed and were in search of. Other than that this "measuring" contest has become ridiculous. As was stated before, no one has to accept each others beliefs about religion, homosexuality, natural sex roles, etc. but we should be able to tolerate each other. Tolerance is key here, not acceptance. As long as we live and let live, the old Arizona adage, then we will all live as happy, peaceful neighbors.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
2. It never fails that folks like some of you on this forum feel that they have to smear folks who disagree with them.

That is low, immature and a sign of a very immoral character IMHO.
I didn't smear you. I simply pointed out two things: 1) How hypocritical it is of some one who calls themselves clergy to hate gay people, and 2) that homophobes are often repressed homosexuals themselves. If that makes me "low, immature and a sign of a very immoral character", I'll wear that badge proudly. It's better than being a bigot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona