Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 12:05 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lane View Post
I figured that out long ago and left you folks. You can have AZ as an anti-Union, anti-gay, pro-smart growth state, and march with your guns in Phoenix when the President is there.
Hell Lane - we carry our guns everywhere - don't you know that? To the Mall, to the Library, to the Grocery store, to the Parks, to the Movies. Careful Lane - that person next to you in the mall - male or female, may very well be carrying a concealed weapon

And frankly - we are glad you left. You were nothing but a trouble maker - we don't want, nor need Unions. Smart Growth is here to stay - as it is all across the country. We are not Anti Gay - a little lie from you though is expected.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:17 AM

857 posts, read 1,732,868 times
Default Flagstaff City Council Is Anti-Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
We are not Anti Gay - a little lie from you though is expected.
No not quite. The FLAGSTAFF CITY COUNCIL is Anti-Gay for not passing the Gay Civil Rights Ordinance! Shame on all of them, and it's time for a new City Council and new Mayor, for that reason and countless others, especially the restrictions on Construction and new businesses!

Smart Growth will be canceled in its current form during the next couple of years, when the current administration finally admits that Professors Paul Krugmann, Thomas Sowell, and Wendell Cox were right about its connection w/ the foreclosure crisis.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:48 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
Your post proves my point.
Every one of yours proved mine, sir. Even your response here is exemplary of your personality. You cannot argue with logic so you use stereotypes and slanders to push your view. You then scream that anyone who disagrees with you is guilty of intolerance just because they dissect your own for all to see. My pointing out these things doesn't prove anything in your post.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:15 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times
Quote:
Smart Growth will be canceled in its current form during the next couple of years, when the current administration finally admits that Professors Paul Krugmann, Thomas Sowell, and Wendell Cox were right about its connection w/ the foreclosure crisis.
Not in Arizona or Nevada it won't - and Smart Growth has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH FORECLOSURES Lane - you are delusional if you think it does - you know NOTHING about business obviously - nothing about developement - nothing about Arizona - nothing about Nevada -

The word CLUELESS comes to mind when I read your posts Lane

Old 08-19-2009, 05:47 PM

861 posts, read 2,191,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Every one of yours proved mine, sir. Even your response here is exemplary of your personality. You cannot argue with logic so you use stereotypes and slanders to push your view. You then scream that anyone who disagrees with you is guilty of intolerance just because they dissect your own for all to see. My pointing out these things doesn't prove anything in your post.

The only point you made was that argumentum ad hominem is the only argument you know how to make.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:09 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,015,999 times
Quote:
The only point you made was that argumentum ad hominem is the only argument you know how to make.
Some people get overly defensive about who they are but that is to be expected when provoked and when it has been provoked for a long time. Another thing to consider is the irrationality of religion in the larger sense and even the belief in many religions (including Catholicism; the first and only true chuch of Christ ) that being gay is natural and NOT a sin but the "act" of homosexual passion, attraction, and the "temptation" of following these natural inclinations are a sin since sex outside of marriage is a sin and since marriage is only for...well you see the irrationality. Just like the Cain and Abel argument was used for segregation, slavery, "prosecution" and lynching black men/white men for fornicating with the other "color," etc.

And, yeah Greatday, I too am always "strapped" and have a CWL...LOL! Would that make me any less liberal or a right-wing nut like Tom Lane suggests? The only biased, prejudiced, hateful, and unfriendly people to live by are those who have hypocritical outlooks and views about the rest of the world...

Last edited by fcorrales80; 08-19-2009 at 09:30 PM..

Old 08-20-2009, 12:57 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,305 times
Quote:
You never respond to any point I make and you hardly respond to anyone else's. You use stereotypes and insults. That's a fact, one you need to acknowledge. You state premises that are unsupported and ignore it when others offer scientific proof, something you can't know from your experience. You dismiss science almost entirely. I and others say your views are bigoted and hateful and are not appropriate for a pastor and your response is to dispense more of the same. Few people would have the audacity to so openly contradict the values their professions place on them like you have. Tell us how the values your words imply fit in with your chosen profession and why they aren't at odds.

You see any disagreement with you as an attack, which is a mistake. You simultaneously fail to see that what you write is considered almost universally hateful, which is everyone else's problem with you. How much clearer does it need to be?

Old 08-20-2009, 01:06 AM

Ah! I wrote that last sentence too fast..it's inverted...I meant to say, "living by people who have hypocritical views about the rest of the world and are biased, prejudiced, hateful, and unfriendly is just as difficult and unwelcoming and can come from liberals as well."

Mhouse, you are very right!

Old 08-20-2009, 07:00 AM

314 posts, read 924,352 times
Quote:
No not quite. The FLAGSTAFF CITY COUNCIL is Anti-Gay for not passing the Gay Civil Rights Ordinance! Shame on all of them, and it's time for a new City Council and new Mayor, for that reason and countless others,
Tom, I don't think the Council is anti-gay at all. They approve every year tax dollars for the "Pride" festival. I think it was a case of listening to their constituents. I actually attended several of the public forums around the city when the ordinance was being discussed. The majority didn't want the ordinance in it's current form, and that even included some of the GLBT community. The ordinance was loosely modeled after a similar one in Tuscon, but no one could explain how this one would differ for OUR needs. There were too many unanswered questions about it, and few were comfortable with it like it was.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR1 View Post
Tom, I don't think the Council is anti-gay at all. They approve every year tax dollars for the "Pride" festival. I think it was a case of listening to their constituents. I actually attended several of the public forums around the city when the ordinance was being discussed. The majority didn't want the ordinance in it's current form, and that even included some of the GLBT community. The ordinance was loosely modeled after a similar one in Tuscon, but no one could explain how this one would differ for OUR needs. There were too many unanswered questions about it, and few were comfortable with it like it was.
Exactly, even the religious community was not happy with the ordinance because they feel it LEFT OUT some members of the community and population and not because it would offer "sweeping" protections. The majority wanted a more appropriate and more "encompassing" ordinance for EVERYONE. Sounds much more forward thinking compared to just protecting GLBT to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona