U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:49 PM

11,077 posts, read 9,007,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
[COLOR="DarkRed]

However, there are no perfect weather spots and the gloom and overcast in the Northwest becomes downright depressing as far as I'm concerned.[/color]
I'm a weather spy. When I'm uncomfortable here in summer, I get great relief to see how others are suffering in other parts of the country. It cools me down. I just have to look at the unbearable Deep South in summer, any day of the summer, and I feel a cool blast of air in my face!

You don't think it escaped my attention, periodically, how blasted hot it can get in the Northwest in summer. I don't care! Even if it's a hot blast for 3 days and with the combined humidity, no thanks!

Even 80 degrees in Seattle and Portland in summer, with combined humidity, would be mightily uncomfortable to this desert rat. Last year Portland hit
100+ for a couple days there. EEEgod! Given they're not used to that, when it does happen, does it turn everyone there into temporary cripples?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 12:20 AM

8,672 posts, read 9,561,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm a weather spy. When I'm uncomfortable here in summer, I get great relief to see how others are suffering in other parts of the country. It cools me down. I just have to look at the unbearable Deep South in summer, any day of the summer, and I feel a cool blast of air in my face!

You don't think it escaped my attention, periodically, how blasted hot it can get in the Northwest in summer. I don't care! Even if it's a hot blast for 3 days and with the combined humidity, no thanks!

Even 80 degrees in Seattle and Portland in summer, with combined humidity, would be mightily uncomfortable to this desert rat. Last year Portland hit
100+ for a couple days there. EEEgod! Given they're not used to that, when it does happen, does it turn everyone there into temporary cripples?
Kind of like a snow storm in the south, and everything gets closed and grinds to a halt, as to no equipment or know how....at least with the heat...turn on the air, fan, get a bucket of water...

Old 07-09-2009, 01:57 PM

4,983 posts, read 4,988,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBaroo View Post
I've noticed a lot of people spell ridiculous, rediculous.
Maybe rediculous is the act of doing diculous over again?

RE-diculous

I have seen that spelling a lot too, floors me.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,232 times
Hey, count your blessings, I live in SE TX, and have to bear temps in the high 90's to the triple digits WITH humidity percentile in the same digits, I find the Phoenix area comfortable and much more bearable when I pass thru on the way to CA for family vacations every summer, in fact we like to spend the night there in Chandler and eat at the Marie Calendar's for supper! I recall after hurricane Rita hit us in late Sep,'05, the Phoenix firefighters, we had working with us the following month, swore they would never complain about their heat in AZ again after experiencing our sweltering fall!

Old 07-13-2009, 05:43 PM

760 posts, read 1,078,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Kind of like a snow storm in the south, and everything gets closed and grinds to a halt, as to no equipment or know how....at least with the heat...turn on the air, fan, get a bucket of water...
I was there for the snow in Fort Polk, Louisiana. That was ridiculous. I was there for a month, didn't bring the cold weather gear because it was NOVEMBER/DECEMBER IN LOUISIANA. WTF. That was the most miserable month of my life. 25 degrees with not jacket, no gloves, and having to fly in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona