Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:39 AM

5 posts, read 76,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
Well, not to be a tool...but why? My civil rights are important to me. This is why I do not go around breaking them or placing them at risk. Plus, I'm not into the idea of being passed around like some "Boy Toy" sex slave. I think that this would be a deterent enough!

So here we have a felon asking how he can get a gun. The next thing you know, the individual that he shoots, that family will be looking at this thread to figure out which nut case gave him the big idea on how to get this gun back and YOU will be paying for the lose of that families individual.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know this will never happen. I bet you that is exactly what the doctors that gave Michael Jackson the drugs.

Oh, but wait, that was different, it was just drugs...not a gun! Oh yeah, why don't you ask the Jackson family!

You think any of those doctors and going to do some time?

Here's what I recommend for you. Tell him to just contact the lawyer and drop it. I would sure hate to see City-Data.com go through a huge law suit.
shut up your ignorant.. You know nothing about me. I was in a stolen car that a friend had stolen (when I was 17) and i knew nothing about and instead of fighting it and having a chance at 4 years I took a plea agreement and completed probation. I smoke weed. I hope you don't drink or take any prescription medications. I mainly smoke for depression and appetite.

I live alone and I feel that I need some type of protection but I don't want to get in trouble, if some one does break in coming at me so I shoot them or get in any trouble for having a gun inside of my home. I want a legal gun.

Last edited by arizonaquest; 07-12-2009 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: grammer

Old 07-12-2009, 09:38 AM

467 posts, read 1,187,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonaquest View Post
I smoke weed. I hope you don't drink or take any prescription medications. I mainly smoke for depression and appetite.

I live alone and I feel that I need some type of protection but I don't want to get in trouble, if some one does break in coming at me so I shoot them or get in any trouble for having a gun inside of my home. I want a legal gun.
In fact I don't drink or take prescription meds and I do not smoke cigarettes or weed. They are a sign of weakness! To be dependent on a substance rather then be dependent on life only means that one has to turn to substances to get them through the day.

No, I am not a bible thumper and no, I do not go around spreading the word.

We all make choices in life and then we have to live by those choices. You know, it kind of like the old saying your mom probably told you.

"You make your bed, now you have to lie in it."

Did your friend who was stealing the car put a gun to your head and told you to get in? Probably not!

I guess, in the future, you will probably choose your so call friends more wisely next time. No one can make you decide on what is right or wrong. You have to have the common sense to understand what is right and what is wrong.

Ask yourself why you feel the need to have a gun? No I am not one of those save the whales kind of guy. You said you wanted to protect yourself.

Here's an idea. Don't put yourself into harms way and stay away from so called friends that will put you there.

If you feel the need to have a gun for protection, then move to an area in the world where you will feel safe. A gun only mean trouble.

In Arizona, you only have to light one off to get in trouble. They have laws (Meagan law) that will put you back at tent city for a long time if you light it if in the air.

By owning a gun, you put yourself at risk. It only takes one tool like me to get you pissed off and the next thing you know your in for life.

Here's what I recommend. You need a life altering experience, one way to get this is to move away from things that are keeping stuck or down.

A good way to get this is to go see the world and get away from the crowd that would want you to hand out with them and rob a bank.

Yes I know it was only a car. But if they can convince you to get into a stolen moving car on false pretences...what next for them?

Good luck!

Old 07-12-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Did your friend who was stealing the car put a gun to your head and told you to get in? Probably not!
The car was stolen like a month before and I saw him with it and figured it was his. He was just a "friend" I went to school with. Didn't feel like rolling the dice and my lawyer was pretty stupid. Options were, Get out jail today on probation or stay for trial and maybe win and go home or loose and stay alot longer. This was over 8 years ago.

Quote:
A good way to get this is to go see the world and get away from the crowd that would want you to hand out with them and rob a bank.

Yes I know it was only a car. But if they can convince you to get into a stolen moving car on false pretences...what next for them?
No body convinced to do anything. If I wanted to do any type of crime why would I be wanting to get a legal gun? ??

Old 07-12-2009, 11:51 AM

894 posts, read 2,191,547 times
arizonaquest- No offense here bro, but you sound much like my little brother, it is everyone's fault but his own that he is screwed up. He gets high and drinks and takes pills and whatever he can get his hands on, to escape reality. He has a 1 1/2 year old son, and a soon to be ex wife because he is a tool and cannot man up to his mistakes and bad habits.

You don't need a gun, it sounds like you need a lawyer and an education in life. Join the Marines or the Army, they will give you a gun.

Last edited by OurNextAdventure; 07-12-2009 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: grammer punctuation

Old 07-12-2009, 04:09 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,007,446 times
is the weed, and possession of it, making you paranoid, as you say you are?.....is that why you want the gun?....afraid somebody is going to bother you a bit?....maybe I'm wrong....

for now, don't do anything stupid, get through your probation with flying colors, work hard, don't break the law, don't hang around people who will bring you back down, smile and help a little old lady across the street, eat well, sleep, pay your bills, don't build up unnecessary debt, set up a purpose for life......

your posts sound like you're not an idiot.....after probation, yes, try for your civil rights restoration, if you want the gun.....they'll decide if you're OK for that.....

like the bumper sticker says, take responsibility for your own actions

Old 07-12-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbatman86 View Post
arizonaquest- No offense here bro, but you sound much like my little brother, it is everyone's fault but his own that he is screwed up. He gets high and drinks and takes pills and whatever he can get his hands on, to escape reality. He has a 1 1/2 year old son, and a soon to be ex wife because he is a tool and cannot man up to his mistakes and bad habits.
No offense here either "bro". But you sound like a *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbatman86 View Post
You don't need a gun, it sounds like you need a lawyer and an education in life. Join the Marines or the Army, they will give you a gun.
Sounds like you need a "wake up" pill.

Living in mesa, arizona there is no crime free area. I hear and see the helicopter above my house almost every night. It is a nicer neighborhood but it has bad parts right next to it. Val Vista & Broadway. I don't "need" one, but I would feel alot safer. So I posted asking if I could ever get my rights back. Thanks for all that helped. I will be checking more into it.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 AM

894 posts, read 2,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonaquest View Post
No offense here either "bro". But you sound like a *****.

Sounds like you need a "wake up" pill.

Living in mesa, arizona there is no crime free area. I hear and see the helicopter above my house almost every night. It is a nicer neighborhood but it has bad parts right next to it. Val Vista & Broadway. I don't "need" one, but I would feel alot safer. So I posted asking if I could ever get my rights back. Thanks for all that helped. I will be checking more into it.
Hey tool, what is a *****? I seem to have struck a nerve, or you are getting defensive because you know I am right. Let me guess, you jump from dead end job to dead end job, funding your weed habit, and have no ambition to succeed in life, all you worry about is how you are going to score your next hit? Get a life buddy. I am telling you, Marine Corps or Army. The Army ain't bad. With all the new little punks coming in with no discipline, it sounds like you would fit right in.

About that wake up pill, I have one, it is called a life.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:47 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,225,913 times
I think it's fascinating how so many of you have decided you know SO much about this person you have never met. May you be on the receiving end of such rushes to judgment in the future, so you can see it from the other side.

Good luck to you in your future, arizonaquest.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:56 PM

5 posts, read 15,605 times
Observer53, I was convicted of a felony for marijuana drug charges. My 3 year probation ended on June 12, 2009. I was on pre-trial for a year so technically I was under supervision for 4 years. I know that after 2 years you can petition to get your rights restored. I am not a bad guy and never have been. I just got mixed up with the wrong people for a bit. I have always been a church goer and helped with youth groups and tithed. I played sports throughout high school so, I have always been active in sports and well [SIZE=3]disciplined. At the time I got in trouble I made $260k at work so I showed the court system that I made a mistake that would never happen again. They saw my point which is why I got probation. I never had one issue while I was under supervision. I paid my fine off very quickly and they never had to worry about me. I have seen the people that they deal with when I had to go check in. I am not one of them.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] I am very afraid of what is happening with our country and we are in for some very scary times. I believe that we will see a time when people will be fending for themselves with our economy. I am not a conspiracy theorist but a lot is going on right now. I would like to try to get my rights restored so that I can own a fire arm in order to protect my wife and daughter if the crap hits the fan. I have been brought up around guns and hunting all my life so it has been very difficult to deal with not owning a gun or going hunting. I also work at at a company where many employees bring their hand guns to the office due to the type of business that we are in(this is standard in this industry). So, may that is something that I could use to get my rights back sooner?[/SIZE] These are my questions to you:

1) Can my wife own a firearm in the house?
2) You said you recently helped someone get their rights back so could you help me?

Please help me as I am desperate with what I know is going to happen in our country. I am not a bad person and I know my track record beyond my one issue will prove that. Any help would be appreciated. I am currently working and hold a very good career. I do fairly well in my opinion and I think this will work in my favor. Thanks

Last edited by VryDsprit; 09-02-2009 at 03:16 PM..

Old 09-02-2009, 03:27 PM

467 posts, read 1,187,216 times
Quote:
Please help me as I am desperate with what I know is going to happen in our country. I am not a bad person and I know my track record beyond my one issue will prove that. Any help would be appreciated. I am currently working and hold a very good career. I do fairly well in my opinion and I think this will work in my favor. Thanks
Ok, I'll bit...what's going on in the country. Fill us in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona