Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 07:44 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,006,914 times

Advertisements

..... while sparklers are still illegal. Arizona has the oddest libertarian principles of any state I know. Why can't we be like Nevada and have as much freedom as possible?

Isn't that what libertarianism is all about?

Bar guns OK'd; sparklers nixed | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://azstarnet.com/metro/300832 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 07:51 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,689,422 times
Legal, it should be Mandatory, and they shouldn't let anyone out until they run out of ammo. That should cull the number of morons.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:49 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,080,405 times
Ummm......

Considering the risk of wild fires in this area....

Y'all get my point on the sparkler thing, eh?

Boompa, while I like your attitude, I would've put it another way....

Old 07-15-2009, 01:51 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,883,835 times
Now it's going to be dangerous going into bars again now. Wow! Now have to find a new hangout spot. Because some idiot, who will be so drunk and angry, will be shooting at people now. Now what kind of fun is that??!! That's sucks!!

Old 07-15-2009, 02:11 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,414,283 times
Repost.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:29 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,820,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
Now it's going to be dangerous going into bars again now. Wow! Now have to find a new hangout spot. Because some idiot, who will be so drunk and angry, will be shooting at people now. Now what kind of fun is that??!! That's sucks!!
So you think such a person hasn't already been carrying one illegally anyway? How cute.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:34 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,080,405 times
Some folks don't realize that CCW holders are prob'ly the most law abiding citizens among us. Think about it.

Spend the money, take the classes, etc.

I don't think criminals worry about such trivial matters...

CCW holders are quite responsible; at least the ones that I know are.

Prob'ly don't get drunk for fun either.....

Old 07-15-2009, 02:40 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,858,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
The law has some limitations to prevent drunk patrons from doing anything stupid with a firearm. The bar employees are not supposed to serve patrons, who are armed, any alcohol, and if the patron is armed and drunk, they will be asked to check in their firearm to be placed in a safe area, away from public access, or they can be asked to stay out of the premises, unless they place their firearm in their automobile.

The majority of people who carry their guns are law-abiding and they are safe, and you won't have anything to worry about.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:31 PM

35 posts, read 149,192 times
I find it amusing how unaware a lot people are to the fact that they probably come within arm's length of someone nearly every day that is licensed to legally carry a concealed firearm. In a free state such as Arizona, anyway.
Of course, there are plenty of people out there who are criminals and do it without a permit, and those are the ones to fear.

Arizona gun laws are the Second Amendment right exemplified. Believe me, as someone who is hoping to be able to leave The People's Republik of Kalifornia soon and take up residency in Arizona, I look at the gun laws of the State of Arizona as a practical, realistic, and sane approach to the delicate balance of the regulation of firearms, and the preservation of our Constitutional rights.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:08 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,858,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
I find it amusing how unaware a lot people are to the fact that they probably come within arm's length of someone nearly every day that is licensed to legally carry a concealed firearm. In a free state such as Arizona, anyway.
Of course, there are plenty of people out there who are criminals and do it without a permit, and those are the ones to fear.

Arizona gun laws are the Second Amendment right exemplified. Believe me, as someone who is hoping to be able to leave The People's Republik of Kalifornia soon and take up residency in Arizona, I look at the gun laws of the State of Arizona as a practical, realistic, and sane approach to the delicate balance of the regulation of firearms, and the preservation of our Constitutional rights.
They still haven't figured out that gangs in LA will always have guns, and will always carry them, no matter how many restrictive laws they put on the books.

It's pretty unfortunate that in most instances, the entire state of California will have to submit to laws forced on law-abiding gun owners by politicians in Sacramento, and I'm talking about the same genere of politicians like Nancy Pelosi, Senators Barbara Boxer, and Dianne Feinstein, who don't know anything about guns, and where the real problem is, except what anti-gun organizations and the media tell them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona