Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 03:07 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrc5391 View Post
How can anyone in their right mind call Tucson "socially conservative"? It is a hippie city. There are old 60's hippies complete with long hair, John Lennon glasses, red shirts, overalls and VW buses, and there are young confused hippies with 100 tattoos (in soy ink if they could get it) and pierced like something out of a Clive Barker movie. Organic food and bike lanes are plentiful. It is also considered one of the most gay-friendly cities. OK, maybe this is no San Francisco, but to anyone from the midwest or the east coast, particularly the southeast where I'm from, this place is clearly liberal. Check this out: Tucson, Arizona - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
There is truth in some of that.
And before some self-loathing liberal attacks me for this, I just want to say that I have nothing against any of the above... I'm just telling it how it is.
I am not impressed with Tucson at all: it has all of Phx's drawbacks plus a few of its own (lower wages for blue collar workers, terrible roads/public transportation, etc). Besides; several Gay people flat told me that Phx is a Gay Mecca compared to Tucson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 03:23 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,346,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrc5391 View Post
How can anyone in their right mind call Tucson "socially conservative"? It is a hippie city. There are old 60's hippies complete with long hair, John Lennon glasses, red shirts, overalls and VW buses, and there are young confused hippies with 100 tattoos (in soy ink if they could get it) and pierced like something out of a Clive Barker movie. Organic food and bike lanes are plentiful. It is also considered one of the most gay-friendly cities. OK, maybe this is no San Francisco, but to anyone from the midwest or the east coast, particularly the southeast where I'm from, this place is clearly liberal. Check this out: Tucson, Arizona - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
There is truth in some of that.
And before some self-loathing liberal attacks me for this, I just want to say that I have nothing against any of the above... I'm just telling it how it is.
Haha! Uncyclopedia! Where all ex-Mad Magazine groupies and assorted malcontents go for their "informational fix"! Hahaha! Way too funny!

Old 10-10-2009, 03:30 PM

83 posts, read 219,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Haha! Uncyclopedia! Where all ex-Mad Magazine groupies and assorted malcontents go for their "informational fix"! Hahaha! Way too funny!
As the saying goes, there is some truth behind every joke, and that site is no exception.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,204 times
Default tucson is well situated

it's a wee bit cooler in Tucson both in style/content as well as temperature...there's lots of places to hike and bike in the surrounding parks( Seqoia national, Organ Pipe....then the surrounding mountains, and sky islands in the vicinity...one of fave areas is east and south of there in Cochise country...his old stronghold around the Dragoons, with beautiful open lands with tall yellow grass and yucca shooting up flowering in the spring especially( march into early april) flowing east to the chircahuah National Monument, a beautiful hoodoo studded mountain with a winding road to thle apex by Massai Point, one of few really good dark skyl spots for stargazing and astronomy....my designated places to have my ashes loosed upon my inevitable demise...Thassit !

Old 02-09-2010, 04:38 PM

2 posts, read 4,147 times
Default hole in the wall towns

for a couple of hole in the wall type places try Pioneer Town --the old roy rogers movie set-next to Yucca vally Ca, or Terlingua Tx

Old 02-14-2010, 05:18 PM

172 posts, read 422,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
I am very social liberal and very fiscal conservative and can handle living among left wingers much more than Bible thumpers...
My thinking too.

I moved from Ulster County, New York to Yavapai, Arizona.
The save-the-world and I've got a liberal arts graduate degree too crowd was much easier to negotiate than those whose light goes on at the mention of Glocks, overhead cams, RV's, and Jesus.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:12 PM

13 posts, read 28,571 times
I would suggest to the conservative (and mostly sarcastic) posters please refrain from giving any opinions about where liberals would want to live. You obviously don't know what a liberal really is and seem to be operating on some level of ignorance of them and proud of it. Please do everyone else a favor and go comment where someone is asking where conservatives would want to live. I promise you, I will not be posting there.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:03 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
#1 07-24-2009, 06:49 AM
samalauren
2 posts, read 6,256 times

looking for a young/hippie/liberal SW town

Originally posted in Jul of 2009, posters prolly grown up n seen the light by now and repented her youthful liberal ways

Old 02-09-2013, 04:50 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by washalien View Post
I would suggest to the conservative (and mostly sarcastic) posters please refrain from giving any opinions about where liberals would want to live. You obviously don't know what a liberal really is and seem to be operating on some level of ignorance of them and proud of it. Please do everyone else a favor and go comment where someone is asking where conservatives would want to live. I promise you, I will not be posting there.
Why would you bump a dead thread for your statement?

P.S. You would love Quartzsite, AZ.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:03 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
Jerome, Madrid,Chloride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona