Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 09:23 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
You are depressed that it is going to be a frigid 70 degrees out? Winter hoodie? Really? I'll trade with you in a heart beat...

Get home safe batman!
I'm packed ,at the airport . Feed my cats when you get here !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 09:50 AM

1,240 posts, read 2,238,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
I'm packed ,at the airport . Feed my cats when you get here !

Sounds like a plan. The palo verdes need trimming. Watch out for the thorns.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:35 AM

643 posts, read 1,393,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
I know it's been rough. But you gotta remember that July was the hottest month in arizona history. If you made it through that you can live here. Personally I'm gonna stay in my house through the recession(pretty much a depression by now) than after Obamas nearly irreversible damage is done and a republican is elected and helps the economy by the end of his term I will be moving to either Mayer, Globe, prescott, or Payson and commuting to the valley
TO whoever left the rep. pick up a history book. you'll see how well mass spending worked during the great depression. I do appreciate a good rep though thank you

Old 08-06-2009, 10:59 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
HA! I hate the heat anymore. In fact, I absolutely despise it! But lucky for me, I budget my time and money wisely so I'm able to take longer, extended periods of time off during the summer months and head to cooler places like San Diego, northern AZ, or the White Mountains.

Even Arizona's mountain communities like Pinetop and Alpine have been warmer and drier than normal this summer (temps in the mid 80s, and hardly any rain) ... but even that is a huge relief compared to temps of 110 to 115 degrees every friggin' day in the Valley of the ENDLESS Sun! I really felt bad for all the 4 million suckers in Phoenix that had to stay and endure that nonsense (ha ha ha). I'm back in Phoenix now, but only temporarily. In two weeks, I'm off to the Snow Bowl lodge north of Flagstaff where I'll be staying for most of the latter part of August.

Stay cool, everyone!
()

Old 08-07-2009, 12:14 AM

894 posts, read 2,201,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
nope never seen how hot it was here, never did. since you seem to want to know why i am here even though its none of your business i will give you the quick answer- i came here for 1. school and 2. parents who were snowbirds and now cant leave cause dad is dying yes my father is dying and mom is becoming disabled. and no i dont like john wayne so i wouldnt watch him and dont know who john ford is. so does that sum it up for ya?
John Ford was the director for all of John Wayne's films that were filmed in Northern Arizona/Southern Utah in Monument Valley.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:56 AM

229 posts, read 655,460 times
Default But for me it would be total love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBA1994 View Post
I've been to Arizona, and I know it is SCORCHING HOT in the Summer. I would HATE living in Arizona.
I love it there is Arizona, for I am a asthmatic and the climate does me good. But here I am in Missouri and it sucks to be inside for the pollen drives my allergies threw the roof. I would be there in a heart beat if certain family members would help out.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,310 times
Default Great weather

I feel that its not too hot out there? Im from az, the Navajo Reservation its not too hot there but I spent a couple of days in Phx. BUt im currently here in Afghanistan, IM navtive american so you kno after walkin n tha heat here for like 5 mins, my arms are bright red...lol But try to walk around n uniform, and i have to wlak to walk... talk about heat stroke. I have to drink 3 bottles of water before I go out if not Im coming to work dizzy and ready to fall out..lol

Old 08-07-2009, 06:45 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,274,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
I love the hot weather , I will visit Arizona in 3 weeks to see if I can love your heat . It will only reach 70 today in NJ . This is depressing ,I'm in my winter hoodie , in search of a turtleneck .
70 in New Jersey is going to feel warmer than 70 in Arizona. In the same way the dry heat makes the higher temps feel more comfortable, I found the cooler temps feeling much much colder than here. 70 in Michigan I'm loving it in my t-shirt and shorts. Hoodie? Wow.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:37 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Default A taste of September

What a nice day it is in metro Phoenix today! I was out on the patio this morning for coffee and it was so nice. Even now it is only in the 90s with humidity below 10% and a breeze blowing. The heat and humidity will be back in a few days, I guess, but this is welcome reprieve from what has been a miserable summer and a hint of what will come in only a few more weeks.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:34 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareRubi View Post
Hi, i'm new! But I just wanted to say, isn't the heat here RIDICULOUS? it was 105 degrees at 8:45 the other night. My Lab mix puppy I got from Idaho can't stand it! Poor little guy. He's getting used to it though.
PLEASE! PLEASE! SAFEGUARD it from a HEAT STROKE! My friend lost her precious dog, age 5, to a heat stroke. Puppies will get overcome even quicker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona