Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 06:41 PM

4 posts, read 6,295 times

Advertisements

Hi, please do not think my question is insulting...just need honest answer. I am in an interracial marriage(black/white). We are thinking of moving to Arizona in the northeast corner. We have never been to the area before and are curious about being accepted in new areas. We would appreciate any help you could give us, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 07:09 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
The northeast corner of AZ?

Interracial or no, you can't be serious. What do you expect to find there?

Old 08-05-2009, 07:53 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,516,977 times
Northeast corner of Arizona? Winslow or further northeast? Or do you mean northeast Phoenix?

I'm 1/2 of an "interracial" marriage and I've had no issues "being accepted" in Arizona.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:33 AM

687 posts, read 2,951,348 times
Northeast, or 4 corners area, is primarily Navajo or Hopi reservation. I'm assuming you're perhaps working on the reservation, or living in Gallup,Winslow or Holbrook areas.
The Native Americans are very accepting of people once they get to know you. On the other hand, there are some small towns on the eastern side of Arizona where you'd stick out like a sore thumb and not be accepted. Perhaps as much for being a "outsider" as anything else. The mixed issue just adds icing to their cake.
Just opinon from my experience and observations. Take all my opinon, add $1.19 and you can get a 32 oz. drink at circle K.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:48 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouser View Post
Hi, please do not think my question is insulting...just need honest answer. I am in an interracial marriage(black/white). We are thinking of moving to Arizona in the northeast corner. We have never been to the area before and are curious about being accepted in new areas. We would appreciate any help you could give us, thanks!
I am mixed myself , and most people just don't care ,BUT ...
I have gone to visit friends in other states and found once found a town with thousands of Swedish people in one town that didn't even like "newcomers" from other towns in Sweden. Next to that town was Polish . I was shocked but the were happy and were nice to me as I was just in for a visit .
The lesson of that story is ...go see for yourself . Go for a weekend and go to the deli , Laundromat , gym where people will treat you good or bad or you might not like them .

Old 08-07-2009, 04:06 PM

329 posts, read 1,276,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge09 View Post
Visit first!

Old 08-10-2009, 07:13 PM

4 posts, read 6,295 times
thanks for everyone's thoughts...it sucks I need to ask the questions, but I'm around certain attitudes and wanted to check before I spent money to visit the locations, thanks everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona