Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 01:42 PM

1,169 posts, read 5,247,750 times

Advertisements

How to drive your know-it-all big-city liberal neighbors nuts

In conversation:

-don't respond to Obama/Political questions

-say: "I don't understand your problem with the 2nd amendment"

-say: "Classical music is for *******, but I wouldn't outlaw it"

-say: "Sushi is my cat's favorite food but I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole"

-say: "Did you see the latest corrections page in the New York Times, what a bunch of buffons"

-say: "NPR sure is getting full of itself, it's hard to believe I used to contribute to that cesspool of group-think"

-say: "RV's sure are great for folks that like to live independent lives"

-say: "Are you getting tired of subsidizing public transportation and how it's always broken or the employees are on strike"

-Talk about: big city political corruption, modern dance and how self-indulgent it seems to be, Hollywood stars that think their high school degree was hard to get

-Talk American history facts such as: Lincoln was a Republican. Jefferson believed that blood needed to be spilled regularly to keep the politicians in line.

..and:

-Display the flag every day and at half staff on Dec 7th

-Only drink French wine and scream at any speaker that doesn't parrot the PC party line

-Own and drive whatever you think works best for you, don't worry about what your image is with the Prius Crowd

-Don't take down your Christmas decorations until June or July

-Buy a large SUV, like a Hummer, so you have to park your vehicle half on the sidewalk and half in the street

-Never judge your neighbor based on their vehicle or where they park it

-shop at Walmart and laugh at the image-conscious libs that think Nordstrom has the best clothes for your teenage kids

-Learn something about sports other than soccer, like auto racing

-wear a ball cap if you feel it suits you even if your so-called-friends will shun you for it

-try to explain to an Air America Airhead that Rush seems obnoxious because he is right 98% of the time

-tell them you respect our veterans and it seems that libs are like ungrateful children
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 09:22 PM

1,292 posts, read 3,454,592 times
Nice!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:30 PM

10 posts, read 26,874 times
Retard!

Old 08-27-2009, 02:30 AM

857 posts, read 1,723,427 times
Default Stereotypes For Liberals Don't Exist :-)

Hey I love your post! Some liberals, myself included, don't fit ANY of these stereotypes - Here's some quick wit :-)

[quote=AzDreamer;10464732]How to drive your know-it-all big-city liberal neighbors nuts

In conversation:

-don't respond to Obama/Political questions

*I didn't vote or support Obama. I supported Ralph Nader, Dennis Kunicich, and am a fan of Ronn Paul. I voted for G. W. Bush in 2000; H. Ross Perot before that.

-say: "I don't understand your problem with the 2nd amendment"

*I have no problem w/ the 2nd amendment. None. Period. Have all the guns you want, and let me have whatever I want.

-say: "Classical music is for *******, but I wouldn't outlaw it"

*I HATE CLASSICAL MUSIC it makes me DEPRESSED.
I listen to Active Rock and Adult Album Alternative.

-say: "Sushi is my cat's favorite food but I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole"

*I never tried sushi, it sounds awful, and if offered it, I'd ask for a burger instead.

-say: "NPR sure is getting full of itself, it's hard to believe I used to contribute to that cesspool of group-think"

*I Never listen to NPR, or for that matter, Air America.

-say: "RV's sure are great for folks that like to live independent lives"

*I aspire to an RV lifestyle. It would save a lot of money on rent, and I could spend the extra money on truck repairs, mountain bikes, and so forth.

-say: "Are you getting tired of subsidizing public transportation and how it's always broken or the employees are on strike"

*I'm for more freeways, not less. I don't use public transportation, when I don't drive, I ride my mountain bike.

Display the flag every day and at half staff on Dec 7th

*The flag is a NON-partisan symbol. I had a flag sticker on the back of my pickup next to liberal stickers for awhile.

-Only drink French wine and scream at any speaker that doesn't parrot the PC party line

*I sold radio commercials for French wine, but do not drink it regularly.

-Own and drive whatever you think works best for you, don't worry about what your image is with the Prius Crowd

*I drive an old beat up pick up and work on it myself.

-Don't take down your Christmas decorations until June or July

*Nothing wrong with Christmas. Freedom of religion is a Liberal value.

-Buy a large SUV, like a Hummer, so you have to park your vehicle half on the sidewalk and half in the street

*Well in Arizona the HOA's passed by you rich conservatives (!) along with their rich liberal friends wouldn't allow this.

-shop at Walmart and laugh at the image-conscious libs that think Nordstrom has the best clothes for your teenage kids

*I shop at Wallmart regularly when I'm in Arizona and New Mexico because the rich conservatives (!) and their rich liberal friends don't build enough Costcos.

*And Kohls has the best clothes for teenagers, anyway, and they're on every city block in Arizona.

-wear a ball cap if you feel it suits you even if your so-called-friends will shun you for it

*I wear baseball caps on backwards all the time.

-try to explain to an Air America Airhead that Rush seems obnoxious because he is right 98% of the time

*Air America was or still is bankrupt. There are very few liberal hosts with credibility among Conservative listeners, such as Doug Basham, Jay Diamond, Hal Ginsberg, Alan Colmes, and Peter B. Collins.

-tell them you respect our veterans and it seems that libs are like ungrateful children

*I strongly support all of our troops. As an anti-war liberal, that means bring them home. So at this point in our discussion, it becomes and issue of when to end the current occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan. Other than this issue, I think I've proven in this discussion that you and I are both Americans, and share the same values on just about everything.

Last edited by CCCVDUR; 08-27-2009 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: l

Old 08-27-2009, 10:59 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,931,353 times
Hey Tom

I've been rather critical of you in most of your posts that I've read, but hey man....as an independent middle-of-the-roader, this is good stuff.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 08-27-2009 at 11:18 AM..

Old 08-27-2009, 11:07 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,932,584 times
I just disagree with the sushi thing.....

"-say: "Sushi is my cat's favorite food but I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole"
I didn't know Sushi was a liberal thing????

Old 08-27-2009, 11:11 AM

21,144 posts, read 41,993,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Hey Tom

I've been rather critical of you in most of your posts that I've read, but hey man....this is good stuff.
+1 as you stated.

Methinks that Tom Lane is a [closet conservative]

Old 08-27-2009, 01:45 PM

1,169 posts, read 5,247,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I just disagree with the sushi thing.....

"-say: "Sushi is my cat's favorite food but I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole"
I didn't know Sushi was a liberal thing????
This is just something you say to stir up the know-it-all libs. You don't have to believe it any more than the libs believe that national health care will give us better care for less money.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:56 PM

53 posts, read 208,250 times
1) Ask them if they think it's ok for their kid's teacher to speak "Ebonics."
2) Tell them your parents (you still have two) started with zero and became millionaires.
3) Tell them you just paid 73% less for an identical house in their "planned community."
4) Tell them their kids are going to be bussed across town to restore "racial balance."
5) Get a bumper sticker that says: "I'd rather be waterboarding."
6) Put a Romney 2012 sign in your front yard.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:59 PM

8 posts, read 6,771 times
[quote=Tom Lane;10475178]Hey I love your post! Some liberals, myself included, don't fit ANY of these stereotypes - Here's some quick wit :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDreamer View Post
How to drive your know-it-all big-city liberal neighbors nuts

*Air America was or still is bankrupt. There are very few liberal hosts with credibility among Conservative listeners, such as Doug Basham, Jay Diamond, Hal Ginsberg, Alan Colmes, and Peter B. Collins.
Air America is NOT bankrupt any longer. It has proven to be an effective place for incubating talent - the likes of Rachel Maddow for instance. It now hosts a variety of talent such as Ron Reagan, Ana Marie Cox, Montel Williams, Lionel, Jack Rice, Nicole Sandler and others.

I suggest you take a visit to AirAmerica.com and see what it's up to. You might be surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona