Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 02:41 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,383,659 times

Advertisements

Man I hate to say this, because I used to love AZ....but now it's like looking at an ex that has had a rough 20 years.

Be careful what you are getting into.

The racial tension is going to get unbelievable.

The economy will effect us for many years after the rest of the country has healed.

And nobody cares about education in this state.

I never thought in my life I'd actually Jones to leave AZ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 05:13 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,139,664 times
Florida, Arizona is racist.

I used to love arizona (still do) but their corrupt law and biggotry is shameful.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:31 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,256,846 times
IF you think AZ is "racist", then don't move to Florida......we as "white" people have been discriminated against by some Asians when we were looking for a place to rent.....!

PS. The guy told his wife and our realtor he doesn't want to rent it to us because we're white and wants OUR realtor to find them another Asian couple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
Florida, Arizona is racist.

I used to love arizona (still do) but their corrupt law and biggotry is shameful.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:47 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,932,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
We're from Florida and next summer we will be in AZ....as of now we are stuck in the house here for the next 6 months with nowhere to go to cool off within a 4/5 hr drive, I would move to AZ yesterday if I could....forget FL...everywhere you go here you end up on another beach, there is no diversity, you'd be bored to death here.....I guess that's why they call it "the retirement state" LOLOLOL .......I would never retire here! can't wait to get to AZ....
your going to do the same thing in az during the summer. not 6 months but at least 3. arizona is another retire state

Old 05-26-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Dead? Desolate? Desert?

Nah
wow that picture is beautiful, arizona does have some beautiful areas, but you cant live there, even less jobs than the rest of the state, very far out and expensive. great camping though

Old 05-26-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire View Post
Because you have small children there are other things to take into consideration. Schools in the Phoenix area are over crowded and have a poor quality of education. Also the crime is high (many neighbors have been burglarized and we are in a nice, family oriented neighborhood in the suburbs). Wait until it's 116 degrees out and try to take your kids to and from the grocery store. Phoenix has a lot to offer as far as entertainment, sports, and shopping. The winters are wonderful, but then you have to worry about air advisories. Tucson is a smaller community, however the crime seems to be bad their, too. I won't comment on Florida, as I've only visited there a few times. Perhaps you should look outside of FL/AZ to raise your children?
you forgot to add that phoenix is not booming economically -no place is right now

Old 05-26-2010, 06:35 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,373,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
wow that picture is beautiful, arizona does have some beautiful areas, but you cant live there, even less jobs than the rest of the state, very far out and expensive. great camping though
Jaada -

But you can live there! Less than 5 miles from my camping spot there were lots of homes for sale (average $150K Cheap!) - that's why I was there

Jobs I wouldn't know about since I wasn't looking, LOL

I know we're all looking for different things - but the area was heaven to me

Old 05-26-2010, 07:29 PM

38 posts, read 84,113 times
[quote=JSizzle225;14317611]Man I hate to say this, because I used to love AZ....but now it's like looking at an ex that has had a rough 20 years.

And nobody cares about education in this state.

How do you qualify a statement such as this?

Old 05-28-2010, 12:56 PM

76 posts, read 258,875 times
Looked at Florida before retiring in AZ. Didn't like the humidity Florida had to offer or the fact that you drive down a road and see signs that say "Evacuation Route"! Also didn't feel very safe there driving in certain parts of the state.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:18 PM

93 posts, read 304,478 times
Arizona is a great place to live and most of the reasons have been mentioned. But to summarize: Yes the summers are hot, but many homes have pools, misting systems and other coping features. You can leave early in the a.m. and by noon be in the mountains, at the beach, at any of hundreds of golf courses, hiking at any elevation (from 1000-12000 ft above sea level). No matter what time of year, it is always perfect at some elevation. Phoenix has teams in all four major sports, as well as many cultural activites. The future is bright. Phoenix is currently in a major hiccup in a lot of ways, but for those considering moving here that can represent opprotunity. Make sure you get your employment situation settled before moving anywhere. Best regards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona