Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2007, 12:50 AM

31 posts, read 131,025 times

Advertisements

When I google houses for sale in the Tubac area, many come up in Rio Rico. Does anyone know what Rio Rico is like in general? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 03:44 PM

94 posts, read 274,921 times
I know Tubac quite well. My best friend lives there. I also know people there that I've gotten to know from visiting over the years. The prices are through the roof there right now in Tubac. $350,00 is on the low side for a very small townhome if you are lucky and most $650,000 plus up to the millions.

Soon - 1500 million dollar+ homes are going to be built nestled into the mountains east of Tubac near Chavez Mining Rd.

On the west - 64 homes on 500 acres. Probably pricey.

The homes in Tubac that are being built are in the Barrio. I think it is called Barrio de Tubac or something like that by Dorn homes. I liked the homes but not the $500,000+ prices and found wonderful smaller homes right off the exit in Rio Rico.

It is 50 min from Tucson Airport and 10 min or so from Nogales. It is safe (safer than Tubac from what I understand) and the views are to die for. If you like Santa Fe style homes - there are some of the nicest I've seen there and I looked for three years all over Arizona. (I have very high standards).

They are building a new shopping complex on the East side of the exit. Exit 17. The schools "could" be a problem but then again if you have smart kids maybe not. I think the low rating is because 70% of the kids are in the poverty level with only 6% being white. I visited the school and talked to the kids. They love the school. They are nice, polite and well behaved. They say there are no gangs or fights and the school is small and everyone helps everyone else. I got a good feeling about it even with the drawbacks.

The East side is rolling hills nestled in the mountains. Property is affordable...You can get the local builders to do one of the models there. Down side is some are dirt roads (not for long) and above ground utilities. Also if you exit and go on the east side and buy north of the exit - you have to cross the Santa Cruz river in your vehicle or drive back down and up 19 if you want to go to Tucson. They will be building a bridge however at the exit one up (north) of Rio Rico.

There are great restuarants in Nogales and there are lots of really cool retired and 30 - 40 somethings in the area that are friendly and fun. Tubac has a super little town full of artisits! Tubac Golf Course is beautiful and Rio Rico has golf as well as Esplendor Resort. Tubac and Esplendor are both building spas.

We just bought a 2,000 square foot house on the West side (underground utilities and community pool). We'll rent for 6 years and then move there unless my husband can find a job there. I have a feeling that now is the time because it is going to get pretty busy down there. Only 50 min. to the Airport in Tucson and 3 1/2 hours to the beach in Mexico. 3 1/2 hours to shopping in Scottsdale. Can't wait. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions about Rio Rico.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:46 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Welp! I have stopped in Rio Rico for gas and something to drink on my way down to Nogales. Have not actually driven through it (just off the ramp area). It seems like a beautiful community - however, pretty isolated for my own taste - but I think it would be great to have a second home there as a weekend getaway. Very serene.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:57 AM

WOW! Thanks for the wonderfully detailed reply, Mary. We haven't visited Rio Rico, but it looks to be just what we have in mind. If they need electricians in the area, we're set!

Old 05-15-2007, 01:15 PM

94 posts, read 274,921 times
I'm sure you can find work there in your field! There is a ton of building going on by builders as well as individuals who've hired a contractor to do an addition or build a home.

It may be "isolated" in that there are no malls within 15 min or Walmarts etc.. but for me that is a good thing and Tucson with Trader Joes and Malls and great food is really not that far away. I live in Northern VA and it is not unusual for us to go to the better malls which are 45 min to 2 hours away (traffic ;-) as well as at least 45 min. if not more to go to a nice restaurant. I just don't see it as much different especially when we get to pop on the highway and travel at 75 miles an hour for only 10 min to Mexico or an hour to the city of Tucson.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:59 PM

272 posts, read 1,510,282 times
I just posted 3 pics of Rio Rico on another thread. You might want to take a look at them for a general idea of what it looks like in the area. These were taken during monsoon season, when it was very green.

Rio Rico

Old 05-16-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Boomer View Post
I just posted 3 pics of Rio Rico on another thread. You might want to take a look at them for a general idea of what it looks like in the area. These were taken during monsoon season, when it was very green.

Rio Rico
Thanks for the photos, Baja! It looks like Rio Rico is a gorgeous spot. How long does the green season last? I'm trying to escape the mown grass and weeds here in Wisconsin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona