Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 10:32 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,243 times

Advertisements

• I love the views from our house. In the morning, we watch the sunrise. The night skies are full of stars.
Attached Thumbnails
Arizona is beautiful, anyone agree?-dscn3381.jpg   Arizona is beautiful, anyone agree?-dscn3356.jpg   Arizona is beautiful, anyone agree?-dscn3357.jpg   Arizona is beautiful, anyone agree?-dscn3675.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 10:36 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Many of the prettiest parts of AZ are not in "northern" AZ. They are very near or within one hour of Tucson and Phoenix. Shows how little you know about this state.
I lived there for 2 years. But was, of course working, not touring.

I'm sorry, but how dust storms and everything being bleached to a dull brown/tan is "beautiful" is beyond me. Again, let me cite the stretch of road between Tucson and Phoenix.

You break down out there and it's a race between the cockroaches, and tarantualas and dehydration to see what gets you first, LOL!

So yeah, maybe Flagstaff, or Sedona or whatever are nice. But the places the biggest populations live in are basically sun backed concrete and asphalt jungles.

Now, do we want to talk about the PCB's in the water in Tucson, or how they put the radioactive tritium from American Atomics in Tucson up in Phoenix, or the car break in rates? LOL!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:40 PM

149 posts, read 228,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Diva View Post
I have lived in these states: Arizona, California, Texas, and New Mexico. Arizona is simply the most beautiful (natural aesthetic beauty) state that I have ever been in, no wonder why the grand canyon is there. When I was up near Flagstaff, AZ I thought I could literally touch the stars, the sky up there appeared so black and the stars appeared so magical and bright.
Arizona is amazing....espically Sedona!!! Love that red dirt. I would love to visit again.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:48 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Agree completely. Now brace yourself for the onslaught of the midwesterners who will tell you that Arizona is ugly. In truth, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
You were so right, weren't you?

I, too, love the diversity of Arizona. There are other states that have a lot of geographic diversity as well, many, if not most, of them in the West. Arizona's not for everyone, thankfully (although at rush hour sometimes I doubt that, as everyone seems to be on the road ) but then, no place is.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:03 AM

98 posts, read 321,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I was just there for almost a week. No sunrises (or sunsets) looked even remotely close to that heavily-saturated image.
Ok.. maybe a little heavy

I saw something like on Saturday.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:37 AM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,062,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
Ever seen an AZ sunrise?

HOLY! That picture is FANTASTIC! Makes me want to go to Arizona even more!

Old 10-13-2009, 03:39 AM

162 posts, read 383,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Many of the prettiest parts of AZ are not in "northern" AZ. They are very near or within one hour of Tucson and Phoenix. Shows how little you know about this state.
Where Exactly? Most of the best areas are north.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:49 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Outside of Hawaii, I think Arizona is the most beautiful state geographically speaking . I've been to Oregon and Washington and I'm not easily impressed with seas of green. There is no contrast and when you account for the gray skies, it's just gloomy and depressing. Arizona has the desert but when you account for the crystal clear blue skies, puffy clouds, the colorful (not just green) and unique desert plant life and the mountains and rocks, it's just amazing. Having lived in flat states like Oklahoma and Texas, it makes you appreciate Arizona that much more.

Some of those images are truly breathtaking. Arizona is truly Gods country

Old 10-13-2009, 03:55 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Actually, I contend that Washington is even more diverse than Arizona. Just like Arizona, Washington has mountains, forests and even deserts (Yakima for example has virtually the same amount of yearly rainfall as Phoenix). In addition, however, Washington has rainforests, year-round glaciers AND the ocean. Take a look at a few photos of the Eastern Washingont deserts - they could easily have been taken near the Colorado River in Arizona. Now compare those to the last few pictures (the rain forest, Mt Rainier (with year-round glaciers), the Washington coast and the San Juan Islands (with Mt Baker in the background)). It's hard to find a greater diversity than all that.

Average Weather for Yakima, WA - Temperature and Precipitation

Average Weather for Phoenix, AZ - Temperature and Precipitation

Ken
Honestly, I was only impressed by two of those images. The rest of those photos were quite ugly. Diversity doesn't equal beauty and those photos confirmed that. Arizona is much more vibrant. Thanks for helping reinforce my belief in Arizona being the prettiest.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:17 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I've been to Oregon and Washington and I'm not easily impressed with seas of green.
You do not find this to be beautiful?

Last edited by las vegas drunk; 10-18-2009 at 01:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona