Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 12:29 AM

100 posts, read 338,002 times

Advertisements

I am cerious as to what you guys and gals at City Data do for the christmas holiday?? what traditions do you still do, that you did when you were a child? What new traditions do you guys do? and if you can think of anything else to add, feel free to add it....

Is your christmas tree and decorations up? do you do real or fake christmas trees?? or do you guys wait for the last minute?
What is your FAVORITE christmas movie you guys watch every year??

I'll give you our FAVORITE movie we watch every year!! and then i'll post our traditions later...

We watch Christmas Vacation every year!! and yes our christmas tree is up and we are still decorating for the holiday.. We still haven't gotten the outside done yet but it will be soon.. I'll take piccies and post them when we get done...

Okay... Now it's your turn....

Lovin' surprise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 01:23 AM

894 posts, read 2,191,082 times
I was poor when I was a kid, so I hate Christmas. What I do on Christmas is go to church. I celebrate Christmas for what it originally was, not this Corporate Coca Cola invented fat child molester in a suit breaking into houses.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:07 PM

Wow, sorry to bring up a touchy subject. I hope that you have a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDesertRat86 View Post
I was poor when I was a kid, so I hate Christmas. What I do on Christmas is go to church. I celebrate Christmas for what it originally was, not this Corporate Coca Cola invented fat child molester in a suit breaking into houses.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:49 AM

683 posts, read 2,643,197 times
"It's a Wonderful Life"

Love that movie and never get tired of watching it, always makes me feel good about my life after I see it. I always wonder who's lives I've made a positive effect on without knowing it.

We have a tradition where we hide a pickle ornament in the Christmas tree and whoever finds it Chrstmas morning gets a special present.

Our most important tradition is going to church on Christmas Eve.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:59 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,370,063 times
"White Christmas".
After watching it umpty-times, I still choke up in the last 15 minutes when the General gets his surprise.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:25 PM

932 posts, read 1,956,438 times
I can't help but reply to this thead........... I'm still in high school so I don't have as many memories, but I'm old enough.
We always watch "It's a Wonderful Life" on Christmas Eve

Old 12-02-2009, 04:28 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,378,732 times
I will probably be working, most of my family lives in other states.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:03 AM

Mine too.. I have family in pretty much 8 states.. LOL its pretty much just me, the hubby and the kids'. We usually go all out and decorate but since we live in Buckeye my husband hates it out here, so we might not do all the decorations that we usually do on the outside of the house. It kind of sucks that we are so far out. Sometimes i miss the white christmas times.Even thought i HATE the cold weather, it just seems natural to have the snow.. and the feel of christmas..

Okay i was off topic sorry!!

Lovin' surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I will probably be working, most of my family lives in other states.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:20 AM

21 posts, read 72,065 times
how long do You U.S. people keep the tree in the house?
i mean christmas tree at the end of november? thats kinda strange (FOR ME, of course).
we bring it in on the 23rd and by 3th or 4th of Jan its already "dieing", like a natural tree would if You brought it inside and put it in some water.

(unless You of course have one of those fake trees).

btw, very nice classic christmas movie (1974), Black Christmas.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:13 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,378,732 times
I usually don't buy a christmas tree, I don't see a point unless I have kids.

When I was a kid we would usually use fake trees, put it up around the begining of December, take it down after New Years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona