Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 05:45 PM

13 posts, read 19,050 times

Advertisements

Lived in phx area about 15yrsago want to move back from lousy Illinois what are the job prospects been in railroading for 15 yes also know apt maintain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 07:45 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Railroading in AZ? Not many jobs there. Apt maintenance is a better prospect, but job market here is flat all over.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:28 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,560,533 times
Sorry to disappoint you but Arizona has a very lousy job market. In fact, the local media in Phoenix a few weeks ago reported that the Phoenix area ranks as the WORST area in the country for jobs, even worse than Detroit. Trust me, Arizona is not the place it used to be. People are beginning to leave the state for better economic opportunities in other states. The people who moved here in the boom years are now moving out in the bust years. You are better off in Illinois.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
Sorry to disappoint you but Arizona has a very lousy job market. In fact, the local media in Phoenix a few weeks ago reported that the Phoenix area ranks as the WORST area in the country for jobs, even worse than Detroit. Trust me, Arizona is not the place it used to be. People are beginning to leave the state for better economic opportunities in other states. The people who moved here in the boom years are now moving out in the bust years. You are better off in Illinois.
You got called out by myself and others to produce that Detroit story before, (links showing the contrary were posted), and you couldn't do it.

Possible Relocating to Phoenix?

So, perhaps you should stop trying to sell that idea.

That said, as I already told the poster, the job market here is not at all good right now, and this is really not the time to move without a job in hand.

Last edited by observer53; 12-28-2009 at 01:03 PM..

Old 12-28-2009, 01:05 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,518,103 times
Check out the Union Pacific's and BNSF's websites. They do hire regularly, but you have to check often because postings only last a short time.

Careers at Union Pacific

BNSF Careers - Railroad Jobs and Transportation Careers at BNSF

Old 12-28-2009, 05:01 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,560,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
You got called out by myself and others to produce that Detroit story before, (links showing the contrary were posted), and you couldn't do it.

Possible Relocating to Phoenix?

So, perhaps you should stop trying to sell that idea.

That said, as I already told the poster, the job market here is not at all good right now, and this is really not the time to move without a job in hand.
Deny. Deny. Deny. Just because you dont believe it doesnt make it false. You cant change the truth. I dont have a link for it. It was in the AZ Republic Newspaper like a month ago.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:36 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
Deny. Deny. Deny. Just because you dont believe it doesnt make it false. You cant change the truth. I dont have a link for it. It was in the AZ Republic Newspaper like a month ago.
I am just curious, is this what you are referring too?

Arizona economy may be worse than Michigan's

This is a month old, so it might be.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:40 PM

13 posts, read 19,050 times
Default Jobs

I don't know if I believe phx is the worst unemployment illinois was 11perc last month

Old 12-28-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am just curious, is this what you are referring too?

Arizona economy may be worse than Michigan's

This is a month old, so it might be.

Problem is, that link doesn't say what he or she was/is claiming, and the ones I posted don't support it either. Both places have bad (but different) economies (speaking of the states as a whole), but there's no comparison between the unemployment rate in Phoenix and that in Detroit.

There was no response to the links posted in the other thread. I don't think they were read. It's easy to just hang on to one's own version of the facts, even if the figures don't match.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:34 PM

123 posts, read 321,377 times
Yhe job market here is like paying poker or roulette. Most people I know here are either working a job they have been in for over 13 years or working 3 part time jobs OR like myself, put in applications numbering now into the 150's and not one bite.

The health care field is the one area constantly hiring, schools some hiring and drivers, and apt managers although many apt complexes require certain specific training.

Don't come here unless you have a thumb on a job. It's ugly out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona