Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:37 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
Now an even odder question, is it only handguns that are allowed to be carried out and about? And do you need to register weapons you bring in?
No gun registration is required..

I believe you are asking if you can carry a rifle in the open? Yes, you can.

You might see some examples of rifles being carried in gun racks in pick up trucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 09:04 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
I got my UT permit because NV doesn't recognize AZ permits, but did recognize UT permits.
That happened to me as well, so I got my NV CCW and now have all three states. It's probably all about the revenue more than anything.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:36 AM

740 posts, read 1,233,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
No gun registration is required..

I believe you are asking if you can carry a rifle in the open? Yes, you can.

You might see some examples of rifles being carried in gun racks in pick up trucks
Well, not exactly a rifle, more of a Kalishnikov/something that the guy in the Peshawar gun market dreamed up. It is hand made and pretty crude, but kind of cool. I got this thing from an interpreter as a "going away" gift and have been debating whether to bring it back to the US. I'm not planning on running the streets with it, but it would be good to know if I can or can not bring it with me

Old 02-02-2010, 12:10 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
You may have trouble bringing it into the USA. But if you get it past Customs, send it on to AZ.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
You may have trouble bringing it into the USA. But if you get it past Customs, send it on to AZ.
I should be able to "work around" customs, either via a friend who is a US federal agent or by diplomatic pouch via a 3rd country. Damned if I will ever shoot the thing, as the workmanship looks sketchy at best (although my interpreter claimed it killed 1000 Russians). It is just kind of a neat thing that reminds me of Peshawar and I'd sort of hate to dump it if I did not have to

Old 02-02-2010, 07:19 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,356,008 times
Quote:
I should be able to "work around" customs, either via a friend who is a US federal agent or by diplomatic pouch via a 3rd country. Damned if I will ever shoot the thing, as the workmanship looks sketchy at best (although my interpreter claimed it killed 1000 Russians). It is just kind of a neat thing that reminds me of Peshawar and I'd sort of hate to dump it if I did not have to
If it's full auto and made after 1986, I don't know how you could ever own it legally in the US. Just using a diplomatic pouch to get it in is not going to keep it legal once here. That's a 10 yr. stint in the joint for such stuff and BATF loves nothing more than going after otherwise honest people for gun violations. Tread carefully here.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
If it's full auto and made after 1986, I don't know how you could ever own it legally in the US. Just using a diplomatic pouch to get it in is not going to keep it legal once here. That's a 10 yr. stint in the joint for such stuff and BATF loves nothing more than going after otherwise honest people for gun violations. Tread carefully here.
Yeah, that is a worry. It is likely made before 1986 if my interpreter's story is correct that his uncle used it against the Russians before they fled Afghanistan, since the interpreter was 28 and born in a refugee camp. Of course I can not prove that since it was not made in a factory so there is no paperwork declaring age, brand, etc.

I had planned just to leave it, but when I saw this post on AZ gun laws it made me reconsider. I'll call BATF and ask.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:26 PM

94 posts, read 318,117 times
Quote:
Yeah, that is a worry. It is likely made before 1986 if my interpreter's story is correct that his uncle used it against the Russians before they fled Afghanistan, since the interpreter was 28 and born in a refugee camp. Of course I can not prove that since it was not made in a factory so there is no paperwork declaring age, brand, etc.

I had planned just to leave it, but when I saw this post on AZ gun laws it made me reconsider. I'll call BATF and ask.
If it is full auto do not bring it into the USA.
It is illegal to import without government approval and you would need to have it sent to a class 3 firearms dealer. Even if you got it that far legally you could not get it transferred to you regardless of the manufacture date, it would be considered a post date sample. It could only be purchased by police, military or a government agency.
Don't do it!

Old 02-03-2010, 06:00 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,356,008 times
Go see the guys at US Autoweapons in Scottsdale. If it can be done legally, they'll help you do it.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich V View Post
If it is full auto do not bring it into the USA.
It is illegal to import without government approval and you would need to have it sent to a class 3 firearms dealer. Even if you got it that far legally you could not get it transferred to you regardless of the manufacture date, it would be considered a post date sample. It could only be purchased by police, military or a government agency.
Don't do it!
Called BATF and they said the same. I think I will give it to my friend who is a federal agent and a gun lover. Honestly, I've only fired it 1-2 times and am not that into guns. It was just kind of a cool, unique souvenir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona