Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 05:54 AM

51 posts, read 121,842 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone...Mt family and I are thinking of moving to Arizona. Because of the warm weather, the low cost of homes, and the job oppurtunities. But, I would be opening a therapeutic riding facility there, so I's be housing horses, too. I want to know what is the best area for horses in Arizona, that is now overly populated? That has a good amount of people, not deserted? Also, I love a sence of community...does anyone know where I can find that? We wouldn't be living in the barn, right away. First, an small homw or even apartment. I read that the schools in Tucsonare horrible. I either want my daughter who is 4 going to a private school, or a school that will cater to my needs as a caring parent. I live in a great neighborhood, now. I would only expect the same, living in my next home....Arizona is only a thought.Thanks for your time, all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 06:21 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Tough question. In Phoenix, I think I would favor the northwest area toward Lake Pleasant in North Peoria or even Wickenburg. It's a fast-growing affluent to very affluent area with available, if expensive, land and zoning. But there are so many choices. I've said before, good schools and rural don't usually go well together here, but there are exceptions. You are going to find the variety of options overwhelming; the state is so diverse. There are real estate people who specialize in horse properties and it might be wise to seek one out if you plans start trending toward AZ.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:30 AM

611 posts, read 2,307,901 times
I agree with Ponderosa because rural and good schools here generally don't go together in AZ. The area he suggests is a good one to consider, especially the "Mesquite district" of the city of Peoria. We live in that city district of Peoria in a master planned community of Vistancia. Since you want horse property, Vistancia is not for you; however, there are many areas to the west, north, and east of us that have very nice, upscale horse property you're looking for and you would be getting into great schools too. Here is a link to a website that shows the boundaries of Peoria as well as the different city districts within Peoria: City of Peoria, Council District Map page (http://www.peoriaaz.gov/council/councilmapf.htm - broken link)

I agree that Wickenburg would be a good city to consider too. I don't know for sure, but I would think other good areas in AZ would be Cave Creek, Black Canyon City, Prescott Valley, Buckeye, Maricopa, Cottonwood, Green Valley, and Marana. Marana is located on the northern side of Tucson. From what I've heard the best area of Tucson for schools are the N and NW sides.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:24 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,255 times
PRESCOTT !!!

Old 04-13-2008, 11:27 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseluvr View Post
Hi everyone...Mt family and I are thinking of moving to Arizona. Because of the warm weather, the low cost of homes, and the job oppurtunities. But, I would be opening a therapeutic riding facility there, so I's be housing horses, too. I want to know what is the best area for horses in Arizona, that is now overly populated? That has a good amount of people, not deserted? Also, I love a sence of community...does anyone know where I can find that? We wouldn't be living in the barn, right away. First, an small homw or even apartment. I read that the schools in Tucsonare horrible. I either want my daughter who is 4 going to a private school, or a school that will cater to my needs as a caring parent. I live in a great neighborhood, now. I would only expect the same, living in my next home....Arizona is only a thought.Thanks for your time, all!
SCOTTSDALE

Old 04-14-2008, 08:30 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,105 times
Chino Valley...lots of room, lots of horses, close to Prescott and Interstates.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:07 AM

323 posts, read 993,025 times
Desert Hills. It's a horsey community with good schools and in a great area. Lot's of people with money in the surrounding area that would use a therapeutic riding facility. We have one on the corner of Cave Creek and Roseburg and it seems to be busy.

Desert Hills is near a freeway for anyone coming from up North and from what I hear a great communtiy, I will be moving there in a few weeks. Good luck in your search but I live in the North Phx area and love it out here as far as schooling and people.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:17 AM

641 posts, read 2,366,491 times
In areas of Queen Creek you can find homes with horse property. You could also come out into Pinal county around Casa Grande and find it as well.

Ama

Old 04-14-2008, 06:48 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,305 times
CHINO VALLEY!!!!

Beautiful horse country!!!! State Land right out your back door. The high cost of fuel, you can ride to the stores......

Old 04-15-2008, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 7,976 times
There are several directions you can go, just like some of the replies. It really comes down to pricing and how much property you are interested in. Someone said Scottsdale which is beautiful and there are many horse properties to choose from if you have $900K to 5M. that you want to spend.
In Queen Creek you can get an acre with a nice home from $500K up.
Apache Jct. a little bit less than Queen Creek.
Chino is nice but it is away from a major city if that matters to you.
There are very nice areas towards Black Canyon City that is close to Phx. and you could ride for days. It all depends on Location-Location-Location. Good luck in your search. Ron
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona