Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:38 PM

24 posts, read 84,733 times

Advertisements

Yes, please do keep the southern states on the worst ten list... because the natives of the South who are against anything other than their own want to keep all of the people from the north or west ("undesirables") out of their area. It's not that they are rednecks or imbreds, but it's because they're so intolerant to anything but their own ways. They apparently don't have a lot of crime (which is false) because they don't tolerate it, meanwhile they don't tolerate all types of people either... so at least they're consistent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 05:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,016,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDguySC View Post
Yes, please do keep the southern states on the worst ten list... because the natives of the South who are against anything other than their own want to keep all of the people from the north or west ("undesirables") out of their area. It's not that they are rednecks or imbreds, but it's because they're so intolerant to anything but their own ways. They apparently don't have a lot of crime (which is false) because they don't tolerate it, meanwhile they don't tolerate all types of people either... so at least they're consistent.
The South is changing------it is called new blood moving in.

And the hardcore 'rednecks' can get over it------never mind that I am 99.9% sure that several of my direct ancestors fought for the Confederacy during the Civil War.

Besides: one big factor drawing the 'Hispanics' from Mexico to the Carolinas , etc. is due in part to the much smaller family sizes that the 'Anglos' and Blacks have compared to even 30 years ago. Try maybe 2 kids per woman vs. 4-6 previously hence severe shortages of unskilled labor. And too many of the Latinos are earning $8-10 an hour each which adds up fast with 3-4 guys living in a small home/trailer. As one Latina explained; were are now the 'new' Southerners, twang and all--------AKA GRITS=Girls/Guys Raised In The South.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,961,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Besides: one big factor drawing the 'Hispanics' from Mexico to the Carolinas , etc. is due in part to the much smaller family sizes that the 'Anglos' and Blacks have compared to even 30 years ago.
There may be other reasons: WorldNetDaily: North American Union driver's license created

Old 09-20-2007, 01:07 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,049,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They must sleep 'till noon. Fog is fairly common here on winter mornings after a rain. But then it clears and the suns shines gloriously again .
I don't think she is talking about 1 or 2 foggy early mornings a year. I think other people get more than that. In San Diego for example I saw at least a couple of weeks out of a couple of months of fog. Fog in Phoenix is anything but common. More like a rare event, and believe me, we all notice it. We all notice anything that isn't sun!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:45 PM

94 posts, read 146,743 times
I have seen it foggy on several occasions in Phoenix. This is part of the reason Sky Harbor is equipped with several ILS approaches. The other would be dust storms from the monsoon.

I have even seen fog in Yuma! it was at 1/8th of a mile back in 1999. But it sure didn't last long.

I am a native from Olympia WA. I think it is one the the top "foggy" cities in the US. I don't ever miss it or feel displeased when I awake to see the sun. I assume that people who don't like seeing the sun are not outdoors often enough to care.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:23 PM

38,981 posts, read 50,934,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
I don't think she is talking about 1 or 2 foggy early mornings a year. I think other people get more than that. In San Diego for example I saw at least a couple of weeks out of a couple of months of fog. Fog in Phoenix is anything but common. More like a rare event, and believe me, we all notice it. We all notice anything that isn't sun!
I guess it depends on where you live. I drive along the Gila each day and it is foggy anytime there is rain in the winter and sometimes just when it is cold. The Gila R flows from about Nov-May and there are several wetlands areas where fog collects. The airport has fog commonly on humid winter mornings as well because it is located adjacent to the Salt river. The farm fields (now homes) in southwest Phoenix are often enveloped in patchydense fog in the winter. Dense fog advisories are frequently issued by NWS in the winter months. Apparently you live too far away from water to experience the fog.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:06 PM

430 posts, read 1,406,966 times
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Mmmm, what kind?
NO dessert or umm desert for you Steve!!

Old 09-20-2007, 09:53 PM

6 posts, read 100,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickie View Post
My Sister hates AZ. She says the desert water has ruined her hair and skin and had to install a water system in her home so she can drink water from the faucet. She has to employ an exterinator because of the insects. Her salary is lower than CA but health insurance, car insurance etc is more expensive. She relocated to Phoenix because housing was more affordable at that time, however, now she says she'd rather live in an apt or condo than to reside in AZ - house or no house.
I'm an AZ native, one of very few...but we're really tired of hearing people that move into AZ run it down. If you don't like it here, go home, we'll be just as happy without you or your sister. CA people come here and expect us to change every thing to their way of living...although the majority of them say they've come to AZ for the slower pace, different climate, lower prices, etc. I'd be just as happy if the majority of CA folks go back home and leave us to live our lives with our hard water, our bugs, and our dirty air, which may clean up if the complainers (since there are so many of them) went home.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamColt View Post
NOBODY should move to Arizona. Especially the Phoenix area.

Crime is everywhere. It's 108 degrees as I type this. The wind is blowing about 20 mph. It's like a blast furnace.

There are homeless people on every corner begging for money or day jobs. There are scorpions, snakes, giant mosquito wasps, termites. Orkin charges a fortune.

The water is harder than diamonds. Leaves scale on everything. Water bills are outrageous.

The freeways are packed. People drive like maniacs.

The food in restaurants is awful and overpriced. I haven't had a good pizza in years.

No good jobs. What jobs there are are low paying. No unions.

I could go on, but it's so depressing.

It's just horrible......like 10 years in hell.
So, whose forcing you to live here?????

Old 09-20-2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
LOL I have to laugh as I'm reading your post to my husband. He thinks the water in Phx peeled his hair off his head.

Since we've been gone he swears it's growing back. I have noticed an inprovement in my skin since I've been gone a few months. I wouldn't have believed it.
Geez, what is wrong with you people!!! Use a good hair conditioner and some moisturizer. I'm an AZ native, lived here 54 years, still have really good hair and skin...anyone with half a brain knows that the weather and sun is bad for both, so take the steps it takes to perserve both. But, I guess I'm not as smart as I thought I was, since apparently AZ is the only place that has sun or weather that causes skin or hair problems and I didn't know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona