Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 04:09 AM

894 posts, read 2,202,224 times

Advertisements

Pat Tillman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 07:48 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDesertRat86 View Post
Pat Tillman
RIP, Pat. He grew up in the same neighborhood in CA where I lived before moving to AZ.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:59 PM

260 posts, read 511,676 times
Robert Cox. Author of the book; The Pillar Of Celestial Fire, and other books.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:42 PM

3 posts, read 3,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
Spielberg and Lynda Carter went to Arcadia HS....
No. Lynda carter went to Scottsdale high school. Was in my sisters grade. David spade is from Casa grande.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:44 PM

Also...Dave mustaine from megadeth lived on the north side of camelback mountain.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:50 PM

Bob crane lived in Scottsdale also. And was murdered there.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:11 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmisstamny View Post
No. Lynda carter went to Scottsdale high school. Was in my sisters grade. David spade is from Casa grande.
No, Linda went to Arcadia. Check all the online biographies, they will tell you. I went to Scottsdale, she did not; we would have taken credit if she had.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:40 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
When I was in second grade or so, I met Happy the Clown!

However, I accidently stepped on one of his big, huge red shoes and thought I had hurt him. He seemed to be okay. He always made us laugh. I'm not sure, but I think he was from Arizona.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:31 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Default Lester Moore

Lester Moore worked at a Wells Fargo office in Naco, Arizona, along the Mexican border.

Hank Dunston arrived one day to claim a package. The package was damaged and Dunstan disapproved, letting the lead fly at Lester. Les took four shots to the chest but managed his own special delivery to Dunston as he fell.

The Wells Fargo clerk ended up with the most famous epitaph on Boothill (Tombstone, AZ). Nobody knows where the disgruntled customer is buried.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:18 AM

109 posts, read 209,658 times
Default Anyone got a personal story about interacting with a celebrity or athlete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmisstamny View Post
Interesting bump here, after 5-plus years without a post in this thread.

On that note, I'm curious if anyone has any interesting or noteworthy experiences/interactions with celebrities or athletes here in Arizona? I might start a thread about this topic and not limit it to Arizona, but since I'm in this thread, and an Arizona native, I thought I'd ask and see if there are some good stories to be shared about personal experiences with either celebrities/athletes from Arizona or while in Arizona?

Also, I will readily admit that I have no problem, and even embrace, being a hater - when it comes to people being scumbags (I absolutely despise and root against Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Kanye West, Jennifer Lopez, to name a few), so I'd certainly be interested in hearing about some stories where a celebrity or athlete was an ******* or a jerk. On the flip side, though, I am a big time fan of people who are generous, kind, humble, compassionate, selfless and helpful to others. So, if anyone has a positive story about an interaction with someone famous who was exceptionally nice and friendly, who left a huge tip on a meal/bar tab/haircut, or who did something kind or helpful for you/someone you know, that'd be great to hear about, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona