Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 08:02 AM

509 posts, read 1,697,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
GOOD GRIEF . . .

Are you guys gonna serve some cheese with all this whining?

What difference does it make? They are merely numbers on a clock.

One MORE hour of Sun in the evening equates to one LESS hour ofSun in the morning, or vice versa. What difference does it make? Definitely not worth losing sleep over, especially considering many of the horrific problems all around us right now.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH
we is not whining , we is having a discussion of our like and dislikes . why are you whining about us ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 08:08 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,712,493 times
Hate it with a passion!! Nothing but a huge PITA...I was liking last week that it was light out when I leave for work at 6:15AM now it's back to darkness again for a few weeks....

What does it save anyway??? Not energy because you need lights on again in the early morning...

Old 03-15-2010, 10:21 PM

11 posts, read 32,119 times
I like it because in cold-weather states, it really feels like spring and summer are on their way! Also, growing up in Colorado, I loved being able to be outside playing Wiffle Ball until 9 PM everyday in the summer!

Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,014,359 times
I hate dst cause summers are long in ca. I do like it when fall rolls around. It gets dark around 8:30 pm here in the summer. When i was in germany it was sunrise at 5:30 am & sunset at 10:30 pm in the summer. It took a lil while getting used to. I HATE summer!

Old 03-16-2010, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,956 times
The whole concept seems silly to me. If I wanted an extra hour of sun I would get up earlier. And why does the President get to choose when DST starts? We should leave the dates up to trained professionals, like scientists and astronomers.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:08 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,412,885 times
I hate it because no one realizes we don't change times, working in hotels this confuses people badly, they wake up at the wrong time not realizing we didn't change times.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:27 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,573,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I hate it because no one realizes we don't change times, working in hotels this confuses people badly, they wake up at the wrong time not realizing we didn't change times.
That's their fault though. People need to be conscientious of differences in the places they visit.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:34 PM

172 posts, read 475,864 times
I can see how Arizona folks would be against it, OK. But some of these crazy early-risers, wow, they're a mystery to me! Hate DST? It's easy to be up at 5:30 a.m.? This is funny stuff.

Of course, I'm a night owl from a place with crappy weather and gloomy 5 p.m. sundowns for about 4 months a year. I count the days till DST returns! My two least favorite days of the year are when Standard Time starts and the day in late June when the shift sneaks in and the days begin getting shorter.

Nobody knows about Arizona's Standard Time thing? Morons, maybe. And they're surely in the dark that half of Indiana ignored it for decades. And then when they voted to accept it statewide in 2005, counties here and there jumped between the Eastern and Central time zones to get around the rule, or at least confuse things further. Arizona is simple by comparison.

You desert rats can go on about how great it is to walk your dog at 6 a.m., but I remember when I was at U of A how shocked I was by the brutality of the August sun in my face at 8 a.m. after a night out, not realizing how early the sun must have come up!

Old 03-16-2010, 11:01 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,412,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
That's their fault though. People need to be conscientious of differences in the places they visit.
Very true, but that doesn't stop someone from calling down in a rage because they missed their flight/meeting. I agree with you though they should know about DST in general.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:59 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,573,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
Very true, but that doesn't stop someone from calling down in a rage because they missed their flight/meeting. I agree with you though they should know about DST in general.
Those are the same type of people that yell at me because the really cheaply priced item in the ad that came out 6 days prior is sold out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: